Aurora Pursuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thayne

Anybody else hear the pursuit this morning; went all over from aurora into denver then clear out I-76 to Brighton.

Aurora's system had better coverage than I would have expected.

Commerce city refused to help.

2 were arrested at gunpoint on I-76 near 144th

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Yep I heard it from start to finish. Aurora's system did really well. Doesn't CCPD have a reputation of never helping other depts in chases that are passing thru their city? I have heard it happen several times.

Thayne

I'm not into the loop enough to know if Com-Cty has that rap. Their boss was VERY adamant though.
I'm sure this would never have gone on if it was a little later in the morning. Anybody running is going to get caught once it goes on for very long.

At least my wife saw why I need all the radios.(Ya right) Only trouble was that I woke her up early.
I was using 4 to follow this; 2 PRO-96, 1-700P and 1 780XLT

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Your lucky. I will never convience my wife why the need for all the radio. LOL I had 4 going also to follow it all.. Two edacs radios for denver (while they were involved which wasn't long) and aurora and two pro96 radios for the north areas...

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Thayne said:
Anybody else hear the pursuit this morning; went all over from aurora into denver then clear out I-76 to Brighton.

Aurora's system had better coverage than I would have expected.

Commerce city refused to help.

2 were arrested at gunpoint on I-76 near 144th

Yes pretty good monitoring indeed and was paged x3 also if anyone missed it.

Pretty funny when the Aurora officer said I have no idea where I am but Fox 31 is overhead ask them.

Jim<

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.