Cell Phone E-mail for MNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFRfreak

I was going to get my pages sent to my cell phone for MNN, but my phone's e-mail program has problems. I talked to tech support and they said that the problem that I've been having is just a bug with the phone and that there is nothing that can be done about it yet. So, I'm considering getting a new phone.

Is there anyone that has e-mail sent to their phone and can access their e-mail without having to enter their name and password or go through a bunch of steps to access e-mail? If so, I would like to know the model of your phone.

I just think it would get a little old if a person got a lot of e-mails on their phone and had to spend a couple minutes whenever they wanted to get into e-mail.

-LFRfreak

pfish

Premium Subscriber
You will always have to enter your name and password, along with all of the mail servers to be able to access your email on your phone. After you enter them once, they will be saved and you won't have to enter them again. The tech support person probably just gave you an excuse because he doesn't feel like messing with it. Which email service are you trying to access?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
LFRfreak said:
I was going to get my pages sent to my cell phone for MNN, but my phone's e-mail program has problems. I talked to tech support and they said that the problem that I've been having is just a bug with the phone and that there is nothing that can be done about it yet. So, I'm considering getting a new phone.

Is there anyone that has e-mail sent to their phone and can access their e-mail without having to enter their name and password or go through a bunch of steps to access e-mail? If so, I would like to know the model of your phone.

I just think it would get a little old if a person got a lot of e-mails on their phone and had to spend a couple minutes whenever they wanted to get into e-mail.

-LFRfreak

It does not come thru as an email message just a text message and appears on the phone just like any other text messaging device like an alphanumeric pager or blackberry.

But many phone cut off messages at around 140 characters and our messages can be up to 230 per/message so you will at least have a split message and often and overcall cost for 2 messages.

Jim<

M

mpg0515

LFRfreak said:

-LFRfreak

T-Mobile worked for me when Jim had me subscribed for a while. T-Mobile allows up to 250 characters per message. You don't have to login or any of that sort of stuff, it just uses the e-mail address that you phone has set up. You can even change it to whatever you want i.e mike@tmomail.net. As Jim said it is just like a text message.... hope this helps a little

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
I currently have the pages sent to my sprintpcs email account and that in turn sends a notification to my phone when I get a new email at that address. I can simply go to my menu, select email and I am in with no more than three or four button presses - no loging in each time, it's all saved. I have the Samsung A760 (ready-link phone, blue and silver).

LFRfreak

I've been trying to access my Sprint PCS e-mail. I doubt that the tech support person just didn't want to mess with it. I called a few times. They told me that it I could fix it, which didn't work. Then they said I had to take it into a Sprint store to get it repaired. Then they said that the firmware has bugs and that I'm screwed until Samsung comes out with an update which could take months.

Jim, as far as Sprint phones go, or at least my sprint phone (A900), a text message alerts you that you have an e-mail. You then have to actually get into e-mail to view it.

Thanks for the feedback!

-LFRfreak

edftc

mnn e-mail

I use a blackberry-T-mobile-and have "pocket day", as a program.
Normally,I get an alert, and an e-mail heading, but with the pocketday it
shows more info-then I can decide if its worth takeing the extra steps,to read more info.The font size is a small,so have to put my reading glasses on. I think "pocket day" is a Handango product.
Ed......

Status
Not open for further replies.