Pro96com crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

USASA

Hi All

I am having a problem with Pro96com, it crashes on it's own. I am running a Dell Inspiron laptop, win. 8.1 (with updates), Core I7.If I run it with other programs or alone, after a bit it will crash.This starter 8 weeks ago. Anyone else having this problem. Anyone hear of this. Anyone with a answer to fix this. I have deleted the program and reinstalled it 3 times. No change. Very frustrating. I love Pro96com, I use it every night. Grrrrrrrrr!

Al

USASA

Hi

I am using the new version, 1.11.5 build 206. But it even crasher on the old version. I love the program, it is driving me nutz! I have used it for years. I tend to believe that is a Microsoft update or something like that.
A little more info. It runs perfectly for some tine, then it will crash, if I try to rerun it will crash. If I run CCleaner then run Pro96com it will run but it will crash some time there after.

Al

USASA

Pro96Com crashes

Hi All

Well I am trying running Pro96com with compatible setting, Vista service pack 2, running as administrator. I will see what happens.

As I was typing this it crashed. Wish I knew the fix. It use to run like a champ.

Al

USASA

Pro96Com crash

Hi All

Maybe crash is the wrong word. The program just shuts down just like you exited the program.
The way I run the program is, I have the control channel programed into the PRO-106 using Win500 and run it as a wildcard. The way I use to run it was just stop (placed on hold) on the control channel. Does that make a difference?
I am testing it right now! The old way I use to run it. Ill see if that maybe that causes the problem. Does the radio have the ability to shut down the program?

I will up date if I find out anything.

Al

USASA

Pro96Com Crashes

Hi all!

Well I have tried running it just placing the Pro-106 on hold on the control channel. Still shuts down after a bit. Can not figure it out.

Alex

USASA

Pro96Com crashes

HI!

No change in drivers. I feel that something running in the back round must be causing this. I am attempting to track it down. I use Zonealarm it runs at startup I shut it down and started Pro96com. We will see. I do not know of any programs that may conflict with Pro96Com. If anyone does please let me know that way I can see if I use them. I have been running Pro96Com for years with no problems. I ran it on Windows XP, Windows 7 and now on windows 8.1 ( I will never run Windows 10). Thanks for the help.
Well it is not Zonealarm , Pro96Com just shut down on it's own again. Grrrrrrrrr!

Al

mikey60

Please be sure to use the Analyz mode on the PRO-106 to do the decode. If the scanner trunks to voice frequencies you lose the control channel data while it's there. It's also possible that any data being sent while the scanner is on the voice frequency could cause issues (it shouldn't, but you never know for certain).

Mike

USASA

Pro96Con Crash

Hi Mike

I do run it in the analyze mode. It may be a conflicting driver? No other program is affected in any noticeable way. It may run for 10 minutes or for hours, then just shut down. I tried shutting down other drivers and programs running in the background. Nothing I have done makes a difference. If I find out something I will let everyone know. You never know someone some day may have the same problem. But it is funny that I ran the program for years without a problem, Microsoft and it's crap operating systems.

Thanks to all for the attempts at help.
Al

USASA

Pro96Com Crashes

Thank you Mike and all of the others for the help!

I think I may have found the problem!!! "DRIVERS" I noticed that the Prolific driver was dated 2015, the driver that I used in the past was Prolific 10/07/2011 v. 3.4.25.218 and FDI 01/27/2014. I deleted the newer drivers and reloaded the old ones. As of the last day and one half no shut down. My hopes are high. I know that the USB cables that were made in China in the past had bogus chips on them (Prolific and FDI) which caused driver problems. The cable on my BCD396T is one of the first series they put out. The FDI chips are new, the cable is Whistler USB to Phone Plug for my Pro-106 (I just purchased it 2 months ago). So we will see. It took a little playing around with the drivers to make it all work. After so many years of using Pro96Com on this radio setup without any problems for this to change on it's own. I also set the updates so they will not even look for none the less load any up date without my OK.
Again thanks for the help.

Alex

USASA

Pro96Com Crash

Well all

No sooner did I post my last, it shut down after running for a day and one half. Go figure!!!!!!! Back to the drawing board!

Checking the log all I find is "Program can not continue to run" then it shuts down. Microsoft at it's finest.

Al

Steve2003

Perhaps your PC is trying to conserve power by shutting down your USB ports? You can try disabling this in the device manager (Control Panel => View by small/large icons => Administrative Tools => Computer Management => Device Manager).

I had this issue in the past and it ended up being some of the data I had entered for one of the systems. Deleting my radios.txt and talkgroups.txt file took care of the issue for me. Also, try checking your antivirus settings to see if there is a way to exclude your Pro96Com folders from scanning. (if you are constantly saving log data all it does is bog down your system by scanning the files each time they change)

USASA

Pro96Com Crash

Hi all.

I have checked all settings, nothing has chanced. I have sent Mike some more info. Hopefully he can figure it out in his spare time.
You know it is frustrating when you have to restart the program time and time again. I can not find out the why, the devil in in the dental. I think it is a Microsoft update, maybe? I ran this computer and before it a windows 7 computer with the same drivers and setup. I have tried the latest drivers and they seam to cause more problems. It just must get tired and it's takes a break. I may have to just live with it. Oh yes I even reloaded the operating system (from factory reinstall disks) after this started and that did not resolve it. Could it have something to do with the S.D.R.'s that are running on some of the U.S.B. ports? Could that cause it. Expert advice always welcomed.

Al
Former member of The United States Army Security Agency (USASA).
Most people never heard of us. Cold War Warriors'.

mikey60

I doubt the SDRs would cause it. Possible but I don't think so. The one piece you sent points to a memory issue, but I'm not sure where it is at the moment.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.