Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you can report weather from your location if in the area of snow tonight. Evergreen is snowing heavy at 7,300 feet at 7PM. Heavy snow expected tonight.

Last edited:

RISC777

Weather & Forecast

? . . . weather . . . (in Denver metro area) currently: 35 F, 28 F with windchill, 9 mph wind NNE, 100% precip chance, snow expected, low expected to be 22 F, 6:03 a.m. sunrise.

RISC777

evergreenwaterman said:
Hope you can report weather from your location if in the area of snow tonight. Evergreen is snowing heavy at 7,300 feet at 7PM. Heavy snow expected tonight.
evergreenwaterman . . . your sig.s tag line is quite appropo

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
evergreenwaterman said:

Winter storm warning in place until 11am tomorrow and many areas will be waking up to a fresh coat of foot deep snow and it will be a great night to have the bank of radios turned up.

And we're already working a fatal accident in Eastern Arapahoe County and another one in Northern Summit County and the night's still young.

Otherwise just springtime in the rockies.

Jim<

Last edited:
M

mpg0515

skipshark773 said:
Alot of activity on Northeast Net (TGID 3998)...

Hey shipshark, what tower are you listening to? I am not hearing any NE Net activity

RISC777

Car on fire in Safeway or such parking lot in Lafayette. Gonna be a fun night with the vehicles, not counting the usual EMS calls. Like this poor kid earlier, 5 yr. old, drank windshield cleaning fluid at an RTD Park-N-Ride.
'Course when I was like 2 or 3 I drank a few mouth-fulls of clorox. BTW, it tastes exactly like it smells.

skipshark773

yep, im listening to NE Net off of the PVH tower (360).

[edit]: not much activity on it now, it seems to come in spurts

[edit x 2]:
A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM MST MONDAY.

SNOWFALL WILL BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES AND CONTINUE THROUGH MONDAY
MORNING IN THE FRONT RANGE FOOTHILLS AND ACROSS THE PLAINS OF
NORTHEAST COLORADO. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES ARE
LIKELY ON THE PLAINS BY MONDAY AFTERNOON. HEAVIER AMOUNTS OF 12 TO
18 INCHES ARE ALSO POSSIBLE...ESPECIALLY ACROSS THE PALMER DIVIDE
AND IN THE FRONT RANGE FOOTHILLS.

GUSTY NORTHEAST WINDS AT 20 TO 35 MPH WILL ALSO PRODUCE AREAS OF
BLOWING SNOW AND POOR VISIBILITIES ON THE NORTHEAST PLAINS DURING
THE DAY MONDAY. TRAVEL IS EXPECTED TO BECOME QUITE DIFFICULT TO
IMPOSSIBLE ON MANY AREA ROADWAYS TONIGHT.

REMEMBER...A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS HAZARDOUS WINTER WEATHER
CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT OR HIGHLY LIKELY. SIGNIFICANT SNOW
ACCUMULATIONS ARE OCCURRING OR EXPECTED. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO
POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

M

mpg0515

rickak said:
Mike - It is affiliatied on the PVH tower, as it normally is.

Rick

Ok, thanks Rick, I was not aware that this was the case... I have heard NE Net on Horsetooth, which is what I usually listen to, but not tonight. I guess that I will throw in PVH tonight as well.

jomak

Premium Subscriber
I was out at work catchin' up on some laser work and thought I'd better get going while the going was good. Left Golden for Lakewood and got off of 70W before I hit C470. There must have been over an inch of thick standing slush on the road. It was horrible and getting worse by the minute. Bailed at Colfax, up to Kipling and down to Lakewood. It's going to be baaaaaaad come morning.

J.T.

RISC777

jomak said:
I was out at work catchin' up on some laser work and thought I'd better get going while the going was good. Left Golden for Lakewood and got off of 70W before I hit C470. There must have been over an inch of thick standing slush on the road. It was horrible and getting worse by the minute. Bailed at Colfax, up to Kipling and down to Lakewood. It's going to be baaaaaaad come morning.

J.T.
And here I sit eating my chili dinner, early, on a 12-hour shift with all the Mon. traffic to deal with going home at 6 am. Oh boy! Fun, fun.

RISC777

Dvr metro - 30 F - 18 F w/winchill - wind up to 19 mph.

CBS4 - Chaffee County, Buena Vista - 4 missing hikers. Survival gear, no food. Around Mt Princeton, a fourteener.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Now the Dairy Queen in Loveland is burning also, flames thru the roof.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.