Longmont Fire Department

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting Thursday for those who use PL tones, the Longmont Fire Department will change there PL for the Dispatch channel to DCS 343 from the current 179.9. Reason for the change is because of intermittent interference from other stations transmitting on the same PL and frequency.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Thanks, Chris!

Looks like I'm going to be as `busy as a mosquito in a nudist colony' around here since I'm going to have to re-program, some *manually* no less, almost 2 dozen radios! {YIKES!} (Something like this tends to make one realize just how *many* radios one has `collected' over the years! {WAN GRIN!})

Oops! I just remembered that I'll probably be getting calls about `What happened to Longmont FD?' over the next week or so and I'll end up probably having to either re-program some and send updated .SPG / .P96 / .P97 files to the ones that can do their own `updating'. So that means *over* 2 dozen radios! {AARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!}

Still... Thanks, again, Chris! It's a *lot* better to find out this way. (Any possibility of any other CTCSS - to - DCSS changes on the `horizon'?)

Halfpint said:
Still... Thanks, again, Chris! It's a *lot* better to find out this way. (Any possibility of any other CTCSS - to - DCSS changes on the `horizon'?)

I haven't heard of any coming up. I myself believe they should have changed the Longmont Fire channel 2 (still CTCSS 179.9) at the same time as the dispatch change just to make it easier. I'm sure they will change it later on and it will once again make it hard for everyone who has it in the two-way radios to get them programmed.

Have fun programming radios Halfpint!

Status
Not open for further replies.