Medics confronted by weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosemedic

13:56

DHMC Ambulance 12 requesting Police Code 10, after being confronted by a pateint with a weapon.

977 Kalamath

Now requesting Fire move thier apparatus so that PD can access the house. Apparently they are parked directly in front of a house with the suicidal party with a gun.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Moosemedic said:
13:56

DHMC Ambulance 12 requesting Police Code 10, after being confronted by a pateint with a weapon.

977 Kalamath

Now requesting Fire move thier apparatus so that PD can access the house. Apparently they are parked directly in front of a house with the suicidal party with a gun.

This post smells of a HIPAA violation but I will refrain from sturring the pot once again, glad everyone is safe.

Jim<

jpm

The patients name was never used throughout that transmission so no HIPAA violation. Just because someone knows who lives at that address doesn't pose a HIPAA violation.

I do believe it would be appropriate to refrain from posting the actual address during the event, given the feedback from my earlier thread, however this is likely a learning curve, and should not reflect on the original poster, unless reckless and intentional, in which case they should get both barrels, if not more....Dave

jpm

My local newspaper posts as such. But the information EMS recieves on a page isn't a HIPAA violation because the name wasn't used during the dispatch. Only that a ambulance was requested by someone at this location and reason for such, and of course the neighbors know the address of such incident. The patients medical information was never given a name to such..so its cool.

Todd-NG

Moosemedic said:
GOOD LAWD...

I guess I'll just refrain from any postings.

The only thing that we are trying to point out is that when you make such postings you should not use the actual address of the call. As Troop stated, using "In the 900 block of Kalamath" would have been sufficient. Other than that I did not see anything wrong with your post. In fact I found it interesting.

luke-1

Moosemedic said:
GOOD LAWD...

I guess I'll just refrain from any postings.

First off I want to say, don't get discouraged. This whole "posting what you hear" is definitely a learning process. I have been scolded on here before, and still find it hard not to want to post all the details of an exciting call. My rule of thumb is to be very vague about anything that is currently unfolding. Post something like..."Interesting situation occurring in Douglas County". Post just enough information so that we can listen for ourselves. Someone usually provides a recap after the situation is over anyway. Posting real time play by play can be risky. We all like to listen, so just let us know where the interesting listening is, so we can sit back and enjoy!

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.