CSP TAC talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the CSP dispatch centers have the capability to talk on the various troop tac talkgroups? If they can't transmit, are they able to monitor them, or do the just not have the TAC talkgroups at all?

Todd-NG

Chris, if I recall right I think that Troop stated once that dispatch does not have any of the TAC channels. I'm sure that he will let us know for sure next time that he checks the forum.

Troop

They dont have access to the TAC TGs from the Console but they have back up pacsets that have them, although I dont think they monitor even from those.

Thanks, I wondered about that. Some of the things I have heard on the TAC channels would not be good for dispatcher ears.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
ColoradoRedlands said:
Thanks, I wondered about that. Some of the things I have heard on the TAC channels would not be good for dispatcher ears.

Also the tac channels are more focused on certain areas, like tac traffic between two troopers in Sterling really would not and is not that interesting to a dispatcher in Lakewood.

icall on the other hand in Denver's situation is frequently used for the dispatchers to ask the officer what he's doing when he get's off shift etc etc, almost as good as cell phone monitoring at times.

Jim<

SECOEMS

It is my understanding form the state the I Call is only for calling an a person and asking them to go to another ch. not for talking on and really not for talking personally on. I dont care that they are doing it but not how it is intended to be used from my understanding.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
SECOEMS said:
It is my understanding form the state the I Call is only for calling an a person and asking them to go to another ch. not for talking on and really not for talking personally on. I dont care that they are doing it but not how it is intended to be used from my understanding.

Sorry for the confusion as has been discussed on here before Edacs Icall is radio to radio direct similiar to nextel and states icall mutual aid channels are a completely different animal.

Jim<

Liverdog

The CCNC document that gives the guidlines for all mutual-aid talkgroup and frequency usage is specified in:

http://www.ccncinc.org/userdocs/CCNC Master SOPs rev1.pdf

6.1 REQUIRED CHANNELS AND TALKGROUPS
All voice subscriber units excluding Public Safety Communications Dispatch Center base stations, granted transmission access to DTR are required to include the following channels and talkgroups in their subscriber templates:
1. The National Interoperability Channels (ICALL and ITAC1-4
2. The Statewide Interoperability Channel (S-TAC 5).
3. The Regional Mutual Aid Channels for the region they operate in ie. MAC 1 MET &#8211; MAC 4 MET, MAC 5 NE &#8211; MAC 8 NE, MAC9 SE _ MAC 12 SE, MAC 13 SW &#8211; MAC 16 SW, or MAC 17 NW &#8211; MAC 20 NW.
4. The Statewide Mutual Aid Channel CO MAC 21.
5. Also, the Mutual Aid Calling Channels (The first MAC for the region) for the other Regions are recommended for all subscribers.
Public Safety Communications Dispatch Centers refer to section 5.3.2 for base station recommendations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.