Continuous Digital Signal on 154.920

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjm2001

I was in Southern Colorado and found a continuous digital signal on 154.920 which I am finding to be licensed to the State of Colorado in Otero county and east to Lamar. Does anyone know what this is used for? Sounds like it might be a control channel for a VHF trunk or something like that?

cuteboy

Without an audio sample it's hard to tell. Could be anything from a trunked control channel to a data stream for light and power. Who knows.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I'm currently staying in La Junta for a few weeks, I don't think I've encountered this signal yet when band searching for vhf freqs in the area. I'll double-check tonight and see what I can find. In general the VHF & UHF bands, both Federal & Commercial, are VERY quiet around here with the exception of several railroad channels.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I'm currently staying in La Junta for a few weeks, I don't think I've encountered this signal yet when band searching for vhf freqs in the area. I'll double-check tonight and see what I can find. In general the VHF & UHF bands, both Federal & Commercial, are VERY quiet around here with the exception of several railroad channels.

Update: I can confirm that in La Junta there is no continuous signal on 154.92, or any other vhf frequency for that matter. I would be curious if the OP could clarify exactly where they were hearing this frequency from...?

mjm2001

I was traveling north on I-25 and started picking it up just north of Trinidad up to Walsenburg. Every time I went behind a hill that blocked the signal from the east I lost the signal. I have only heard the signal once more since I heard it that one day. So it seems to be very intermittent. Did find some listings for that freq to be used in eastern Colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.