City of Fountain now using El Paso County Trunk System

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner_nut

The Fountain police department has officially transitioned to using the El Paso County Digital Trunk System. They still are using their own dispatch center located at PD/FD HQ.

Here are the known talk groups so far:

FOUNTAIN PD 31344
FOUNTAIN PD2 31408
FOUNTAIN FD 31280

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Not sure where you've been, but Fountain FD and PD have been on the 800mhz system for quite a long time...
Add 31216 as an additional TG for Fountain FD.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
firescannerbob said:
Not sure where you've been, but Fountain FD and PD have been on the 800mhz system for quite a long time...
Add 31216 as an additional TG for Fountain FD.

Also El Paso County is just 3600 baud trunked system, not 9600 baud digital like the states. Scanners are much cheaper for that!

Motorola Type II SmartZone

Jim<

Last edited:

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
jimmnn said:
Also El Paso County is just an analog trunked system, not digital. Radios are much cheaper!

Jim<
Actually, the system IS digital, but 3600 baud (for now...9600 baud is coming). You need a digital scanner to listen to anything other than the city utilites folks.

Last edited:

scanner_nut

Hi Bob,

was there an announcement made in this forum that Fountain switched to the El Paso trunk system ? I did not see one. I did notice that they did have a talk group listed on the El Paso County Trunk System page, but never programmed that into my pro96.

I have always monitored them on 453.650, which seemed to be dead over the past couple weeks.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
I don't know if there was an annoucement here... By the time I became a regular here on the forum, they were already using it.
What you were hearing on UHF was a simulcast that they and the FD were doing on thier old analog channels, but they've been on the county system for a while.

Liverdog

Their UHF system is still active and they still use it, but they just sent most of their UHF handhelds in for tuneup, so expect them back on UHF shortly. They do use the 800 MHz trunked system too. ...Budget issues are the reason as to why not completely transitioned over...

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Thanks, Liverdog
I have talked to the FD (both dispatch and the various units) on 800mhz, so it seems that the FD has completely transitioned. Would that be correct?

Liverdog

You know, I'm not sure about the FD in particular. I've only seen 800 equipment for them, so I suppose that's correct. The PD still uses a mix. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who gets what (800/UHF).

Liverdog

My mistake about the UHF. They apparently have gone completely over to 800 for FD and PD. The UHF radios that I saw were for their electric department.

Status
Not open for further replies.