Larimer County Pursuit as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
WELLINGTON - A Colorado State Patrol Trooper clocked a speeding 2001 Dodge passenger car on southbound I-25 at 90 mph in a posted 75 mph zone.
Officers tried to pull the vehicle over with speeds exceeding 110 mph.

The chase ended when the vehicle crashed into the highway barrier at the Wellington exit.

Three suspects were in the car, and they fled on foot when they crashed the car. Two suspects were taken in to custody after a foot chase. The third suspect was found hiding in the crawl space of an unoccupied house and taken into custody some 40 minutes later.

Officers found at least four weapons in the vehicle along with some jewelry believed to have been taken in robberies that may have occurred in other states. Estimated value of the jewelry is between $50,000 and $100,000.

There was also a broken safe and a substantial amount of marijuana inside the vehicle.

Police say the car was stolen out of Denver.

All three suspects are being held at the Larimer County Detention Center in Ft. Collins.

This incident is still under investigation and all charges are pending.

No one was hurt in the crash, and no officers were injured

Moosemedic

Only going 90 at L-25 and Wellington?

He must have been trying to blend in with the other traffic.

Vehicles going 90 on that stretch isn't much of a pursuit, the Trooper was probably getting tailgated !!!!

Last edited:

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Moosemedic said:

Vehicles going 90 on that stretch isn't much of a pursuit, the Trooper was probably getting tailgated !!!!

That's no lie! From the WY border south to 136th is a drag race!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Moosemedic said:

During one point in the pursuit he was on the shoulder of the highway at 130mph so even that is a little unusual.

Now saying over $100,000 in stolen jewerly in the car as well.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Wellington is a happening place this weekend, now units are working a body found near the railroad tracks off Elder Circle requesting coroner and LCSO investigators.

Jim<

M

mpg0515

jimmnn said:
Wellington is a happening place this weekend, now units are working a body found near the railroad tracks off Elder Circle requesting coroner and LCSO investigators.

Jim<

Wow!, your right Jim that is a lot for Wellington in one weekend. Wellington is so small that this would have been a few blocks from my old house and same with the body found. I'm sure that there are a lot of people wondering what the heck is going on in their small town.

Unfortunately I was at work late last night and I will be tonight as well so I didn't get to hear any of this action, as always thanks for the updates Jim.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
mpg0515 said:
Wow!, your right Jim that is a lot for Wellington in one weekend. Wellington is so small that this would have been a few blocks from my old house and same with the body found. I'm sure that there are a lot of people wondering what the heck is going on in their small town.

Unfortunately I was at work late last night and I will be tonight as well so I didn't get to hear any of this action, as always thanks for the updates Jim.

Today's appears to be a suicide Mike.

DATE: April 23, 2006

SUBJECT: Body found hanging in tree

Wellington Fire Department responded to a medical call at 9:49am, Sunday, April 23rd. Upon arrival near 1st and Elder in Wellington they found a Hispanic male hanging in a tree near a train trestle.

Larimer County Sheriffs Deputies and an invesitagor from the coroners office responded. Officials on scene have identified the male as a 20-year old with a Greeley identification. Officials advise there appears to be nothing suspicious at this time.

Cause of death and identification will come from the coroners office.

Status
Not open for further replies.