Westminster Apt Fire, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Westminister: Apt fire now out but one victim has jumped from the 3rd floor deck. O/F Westy-800, Online.

Westy U/D: CP is 74th and Irving, Kraft area and WFD onscene with 2 ambs and Fed Heights enroute with one amb.

Westy U/D: FHFD Amb code-3 with one trauma patient to Central. Fire is out req ventilation and investigator. L/U/D

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
For Release: April 28, 2006

Resident Jumps from 3rd Story Apartment Window

WESTMINSTER, CO--- Westminster Fire and Police were dispatched to a possible structure fire in the 3100 block of Craft Way at approximately 6 p.m. April 27.

When firefighters arrived on scene they immediately began medical treatment on a victim who jumped out of a window from a 3rd story apartment. The victim was transported to a local area hospital.

There were two occupants in the apartment at the time of the fire. The other occupant of the apartment was able to escape by walking out the front door. He was making candles in the bedroom using a butane torch to heat up the wax. He was unable to turn off the torch and ended up catching paper and clothing on fire near the bedroom floor.

A neighbor grabbed a fire extinguisher and was able to extinguish the fire in the apartment. Property and content loss is estimated at $2,000.

The Fire Department would like to remind residents to practice home fire escape plans twice a year. If your home or apartment has multiple stories, every family member (including children) must be able to escape. Escape ladders can be placed in or near windows to provide an additional escape route.
In some cases, smoke or fire may prevent someone from exiting their home. To prepare for an emergency like this, practice "sealing yourself in for safety.” Close all doors between yourself and the fire. Use duct tape or towels to seal the door cracks and cover air vents to keep smoke from coming in. If possible, open your windows so fresh air can get in. Wait at a window and signal for help with a flashlight or by waving a light colored cloth. If there is a phone in the room, call the fire department and report exactly where you are.

funcritter

I tell you one thing, the people that live in those apartment buildings in that two block area are not the brightest bulbs in the box. If you are familiar with that area, the apartment building a block away ay 7131 hooker st, was closed and remains closed still because a week before XMas, the boiler had exploded. The residents were living without heat in the building for a week before the explosion. I deliver pizza in the are and those buildings in their are what drivers try to avoid at all costs! The buildings are all managed by the same company.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
funcritter said:
I tell you one thing, the people that live in those apartment buildings in that two block area are not the brightest bulbs in the box. If you are familiar with that area, the apartment building a block away ay 7131 hooker st, was closed and remains closed still because a week before XMas, the boiler had exploded. The residents were living without heat in the building for a week before the explosion. I deliver pizza in the are and those buildings in their are what drivers try to avoid at all costs! The buildings are all managed by the same company.

A perfect example of the fact those residents are at least one taco short of a combination plate is this statement directly from the press release

"The other occupant of the apartment was able to escape by walking out the front door"

So one extremelty smart individual jumps out the window three stories high and the other one walks out the front door.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
WESTMINSTER - A woman was injured after she jumped out of her 3rd-floor apartment window.

Authorities say the woman was on drugs and overreacted to the fire.

The fire at the Terrace Garden apartments at 3100 Craft Way caused about $200-$300 worth of damage Thursday after 8 p.m.

Investigators say a man and a woman were in a bedroom using a butane torch around newspapers and magazines when they accidentally started the fire.

The woman was apparently asleep and when she woke up she saw the fire between her and the door.

She was taken to St. Anthony's hospital to be treated for her injuries.

The fire was out by the time firefighters arrived.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
funcritter said:
I tell you one thing, the people that live in those apartment buildings in that two block area are not the brightest bulbs in the box.
those residents are at least one taco short of a combination plate

I'm still lauging!

Picture this - Shot of the person walking out the door "this is your brain"
Shot of the person jumping from the 3rd floor "this is your brain on drugs"

Seems like an excellent PSA to me.

funcritter

jimmnn said:
WESTMINSTER - A woman was injured after she jumped out of her 3rd-floor apartment window.

Authorities say the woman was on drugs and overreacted to the fire.

The fire at the Terrace Garden apartments at 3100 Craft Way caused about $200-$300 worth of damage Thursday after 8 p.m.

Investigators say a man and a woman were in a bedroom using a butane torch around newspapers and magazines when they accidentally started the fire.

The woman was apparently asleep and when she woke up she saw the fire between her and the door.

She was taken to St. Anthony's hospital to be treated for her injuries.

The fire was out by the time firefighters arrived.

LOL Didn't I tell you the people in those buidlings were weird? Huh didn't I?

I had to go to that building tonight to deliver a pizza and I could not tell what apartment at all that the fire had started in! Everything in that twisted lil apartment building was back to "normal" as could be! Reading this made my night! Oh an by the way, for delivering the pizza, I got a 17 cent tip! Whoopie!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.