Chatfield Res Fatal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else monitor the fatal car over the edge at Chatfield tonight? South Metro, West Metro, Park Rangers, Littleton FD and dive comms were mainly on ops 11 (1065).

Air Life 73 has been released and recovery operations will continue at first light.

CSP ART team for the accident investigation.

Jim<

LFRfreak

I was listening from the time that it was dispatched to a few min. after the Action Care unit got on-scene. There were two victims if I'm not mistaken.

9news.com:

"JEFFERSON COUNTY - Divers and a helicopter helped search for a vehicle after it crashed into Chatfield Lake Tuesday night.

The vehicle went off of C-470 and crashed through a fence, down an embankment and into the water, according to the Colorado State Patrol.

The accident was first reported around 7:45 p.m. About two hours later, searchers suspended their activities for the night. A trooper with the State Patrol says investigators will return first thing Wednesday morning."

-LFRfreak

Last edited:

cstockmyer

jimmnn said:
Anyone else monitor the fatal car over the edge at Chatfield tonight? South Metro, West Metro, Park Rangers, Littleton FD and dive comms were mainly on ops 11 (1065).

Air Life 73 has been released and recovery operations will continue at first light.

CSP ART team for the accident investigation.

Jim<

No one was in the car. The driver had run out of gas, and his trunk ran though the fence and into the spillway. That's what they said @ noon on the news at leased.

evilklown

cstockmyer said:
No one was in the car. The driver had run out of gas, and his trunk ran though the fence and into the spillway. That's what they said @ noon on the news at leased.
Thats crazy got everyone in a panic and there wasnt anyone in it but i guess it was a good thing no one was in it. Did you hear why the truck rolled away did he fall to put it in gear or put emergency break on?

Status
Not open for further replies.