CO State Parks encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickr855

Feed Provider
Crawford State Park Ops is using encryption now, something top secret must be going on. I was there Monday-Thursday this week, 6 rigs and 3 hosts for 2 camp grounds. Any other state parks using encryption and if so, why?

I've noticed one or two radios at some of the other west slope parks in encrypted mode. They funny part is they weren't ranger radios, only maintenance.

jim9251

Ridgway State Park doesn't use encryption, and during summer is pretty busy. I can't understand why Crawford would be encrypted. Next time you're there rustle up a park ranger and ask.

I've been hearing Crawford State Park off and on in the clear. Not exactly busy, but not encrypted either.

It's never very often, and only on certain radios. Most of the time only one of the units in a conversation is encrypted, and as mentioned earlier in the thread it seems to be maintenance units rather than rangers which makes it all the more odd.

Its almost like all the radios are enc capable, but for some reason the encryption gets turned on a few radios and either nobody knows its happening, or they don't know how to turn it off. It likely doesn't matter to them since they all still see to hear each other OK.

I've heard the same thing on Highline Lake and Colorado River State Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.