Major Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Hampden & Federal with extrication, SFD requesting more private ambs and DFD enroute with a full group response and now DG moving to MCI ops.

06-027 for DFD and DTRS for SFD and Online.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Sheridan U/D: DG Amb two 10 to DHMC with a 30's female multi systems trauma and Sheridan Amb-52 emergent to Swedish with a trauma arrest, at least 2 pts still trapped onscene.

Command now reporting both patients trapped are code black.

Still trying to confirm but this accident may be pursuit related.

Jim<

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Now a triple fatal, passenger transported to Swedish in trauma arrest has died and CSP ART now arriving onscene for investigation.

285 will remain closed for hours.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
SHERIDAN - Three people were killed by a crash that shut down Highway 285 for awhile Monday night.

Sheridan Police said the accident at Federal involved three vehicles. It happened just after 7:30 p.m.

Two people were killed at the scene. The third died at a nearby hospital. Another person was also hospitalized with serious injuries.

Police said the driver of an Oldsmobile was going westbound on 285, when the driver lost control and hit a guardrail. The car then went airborne and came down on a Trailblazer headed eastbound.

The Oldsmobile rolled several times and hit a tow truck that was also going eastbound.

The tow truck driver was not injured.

Both people in the Oldsmobile and one person in the Trailblazer were the three people who died.

Police said because of the extent of damage to the Oldsmobile, it will be very difficult to identify the victims.

The Colorado State Patrol is helping with the investigation.

(CBS4) DENVER Three people were killed in a car crash Monday night at Hampden Ave. and Federal Blvd.

Witnesses said one car crossed the median, went airborne and crashed into oncoming traffic. The car appeared to have hit an SUV first and then slammed into a tow truck.

Debris from the crumpled vehicles covered eastbound 285.

"The top of the car slammed into the tow truck and it was just like a Hollywood movie, it was crazy," said Bradley Samuelson, a witness who was driving next to the tow truck. "I slammed on my brakes and all I saw was dust and debris and thought that all I could do was get off the road so I didn't hit anyone else myself."

Samuelson said he checked on the two victims who were in the car that crossed the median, but there was nothing he could do.

The Colorado State Patrol closed Hampden Ave in both directions.

Last edited:

MikeyB

Denver Fire ran out of district! Do they have a better relationship with Sheridan than with other agencies? Also, the media reported Denver Police on scene with Sheridan Police. Is that true?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
MikeyB said:
Denver Fire ran out of district! Do they have a better relationship with Sheridan than with other agencies? Also, the media reported Denver Police on scene with Sheridan Police. Is that true?

DFD works with there South, and West neighbors much more often than North or East neighbors.

DPD was assisting with road closures that's it, now don't start believing everything you see or read in the news.

Jim<

MikeyB

When it comes to anything to do with a PD or FD, I hardly believe the media. As an example, they like to refer to the "911 Tape" when it is really radio transmissions. They've been doing that a lot lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.