Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

I was looking though some frequency's and I came across one named MARS, 122.280 is listed as its Freq. Anyone know what it's used for??

n4voxgill

Silent Key
Military Affiliate Radio Service. There are Honorary Members that are not amatuers. Also there are some military stations and these do not have amatuer licensed operators. They do not use amateur frequencies so non-hams can be authorized.

M

mpg0515

cstockmyer said:
I was looking though some frequency's and I came across one named MARS, 122.280 is listed as its Freq. Anyone know what it's used for??

122Mhz is an aircraft freq, so probably also used for/by CAP (Civil Air Patrol) when an aircraft has crashed. The frequency range of 148-150 is also used for MARS/CAP, at one time there was a statewide setup on 148.150 with several repeaters along the front range, not sure if that is still being used for by them. ?? They would usually hold a "net" weekly, kind of like ARES, where each station would check in. Kind of cool to listen to..... They would go to each repeater North to South (about 20 or so).

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
mpg0515 said:
122Mhz is an aircraft freq, so probably also used for/by CAP (Civil Air Patrol) when an aircraft has crashed. The frequency range of 148-150 is also used for MARS/CAP, at one time there was a statewide setup on 148.150 with several repeaters along the front range, not sure if that is still being used for by them. ?? They would usually hold a "net" weekly, kind of like ARES, where each station would check in. Kind of cool to listen to..... They would go to each repeater North to South (about 20 or so).

CAP still uses 148.150 statewide and there DTRS talkgroup of 2734.

Jim<

Scan-Denver

cstockmyer said:
MARS is or at least at one time was used for military members over-seas to contact their families back here in the states via phone patch.

cstockmyer

Fire & EMS: Ground to Aircraft, Air Tankers & Air Ambulance is how it's listed. It says it statewide. I thought that FREN 1 was used for this though?

Status
Not open for further replies.