700 mhz?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Just informed by who. Heck the state can't even get all the 800mhz portions up and working and someone is telling you that they are going to go visit all the current operating sites and switch them to 700mhz. I don't think so, however, I do believe as the new sites are brought on line we will probably see more and more of them have 700mhz and 800mhz capabilites.

There are a couple of sites already transmitting on 700mhz.

Dave

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
jfab said:
I was just informed that DTRS will go to 700 mhz next year. Is this true? Can Pro-96 listen to that? NOOOO!!!!

Consider your sources, there is already 700Mhz use on the DTRS everyday such as Cherry Creek Schools and even a 700 control channel site in NE Adams County but no complete switch is planned.

Jim<

jfab

I was informed by the superintendent of Street Operations in Broomfield. He works very closly with Broomfield PD(Street Ops 1 on their radio). I assume he was told by someone in dispatch. But, That's why I have you guys around! Thanks!

luke-1

Hopefully they will put Broomfield Street Operations on 700Mhz. One less TG to lock out. :)

Luke

cstockmyer

jfab said:
I was just informed that DTRS will go to 700 mhz next year. Is this true? Can Pro-96 listen to that? NOOOO!!!!

It's good to know the rumor mill is still up and running at the PD's and SO's around the state. Jim is on top of stuff like this...so when he says it, it's going to happen sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.