NY to Colorado?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmall

I have recently moved from NY to the Denver area (Parker) and currently own the RS P95 Mobile Unit.

I want to purchase the best scanner (either base or mobile) to pick-up Denver (city and county), Douglas, Adams, Arapahoe, Jefferson and Boulder Counties as well as State Police and other regional agencies within 45 miles of Denver city center.

With that said, and if you steer me toward a base unit, I need antenna suggestions that won't be to intrusive to my neighbors (a bit testy).

Thank you for your input.

DS

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
The areas you want to listen to are on three different systems.
Denver and Aurora use a M/A Comm trunked system.
Adams, Arapahoe, Jefferson, Douglas Counties and the Colorado State Patrol (along with most other state agencie) are on a state-wide P25 digital system.
Boulder County is on a VHF conventional system.
Many people on these boards have had very good luck with the Radio Shack pro-96/2096. Others are using the Uniden 996T with good results. Either should work well for you.

papaelk

My 2cents worth is you will need a digital scanner to monitor Adams,Arapaho,Douglas,Jefferson and State Patrol. With that said @ this time Denver is not digital but they are on a 800 Trunked system. Boulder County is still on the 150 mhz range with no plans to change i would sugjest either a PRO 96 or PRO2096 from Radio Shack. But if you plan to monitor any 700 mhz channels you will need to get the 996T

Welcome to Colorado and good luck :)

dsmall

Thank you.

Thank you for the suggestions folks. Is the Radio Reference data base for these areas in Colorado current? If so, I'll download and get after it!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
dsmall said:
Thank you for the suggestions folks. Is the Radio Reference data base for these areas in Colorado current? If so, I'll download and get after it!

For the most part yes but especially with DTRS it's a constantly envolving new network so we are updating.

Welcome to the state.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.