ICE agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
The chase in Ft Collins got me thinking about this agency. Do they have their own set of frequencies in the gov't range that are repeated and/or simplex, or do they operate off of federal trunked systems in the area?

M

mpg0515

captaincraig44 said:
The chase in Ft Collins got me thinking about this agency. Do they have their own set of frequencies in the gov't range that are repeated and/or simplex, or do they operate off of federal trunked systems in the area?

Look in the Federal section of the Larimer County database and there is the answer to your question. And yes, it is a repeated conventional repeater.

rfburns

mpg0515 said:
Look in the Federal section of the Larimer County database and there is the answer to your question.

All I see is FPS. Are you saying that ICE (DRO) which has a VHF radio system nationwide is using the FPS UHF mobile relay station?

Last edited:
M

mpg0515

skipshark773 said:
To my knowledge ICE was not involved in this incident. The federal officer was with the FPS.

FPS is a division of ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement).

M

mpg0515

rfburns said:
All I see is FPS. Are you saying that ICE which has a VHF radio system nationwide is using the FPS UHF mobile relay station?

ICE or FPS in Larimer is the same thing.

rfburns

mpg0515 said:
ICE or FPS in Larimer is the same thing.

ICE has 4 divisions or branches.
Office of:
Detention and Removal Operations (DRO)
Federal Protective Services (FPS)
Investigations (OI)
Intelligence

Are all four Offices using UHF in Larimer County and the UHF trunk in Denver/Boulder? If so the database should be changed to say ICE instead of FPS. The DRO vehicles which I've seen lately only have VHF antennas (and a few with cellular antennas). Does anyone have callsigns that the 4 Offices are using on UHF?

M

mpg0515

rfburns said:
ICE has 4 divisions or branches.
Office of:
Detention and Removal Operations (DRO)
Federal Protective Services (FPS)
Investigations (OI)
Intelligence

Are all four Offices using UHF in Larimer County and the UHF trunk in Denver/Boulder? If so the database should be changed to say ICE instead of FPS. The DRO vehicles which I've seen lately only have VHF antennas (and a few with cellular antennas). Does anyone have callsigns that the 4 Offices are using on UHF?

Fort Collins only currently has two divisions, FPS and OI. The other two are in Denver.

skipshark773

mpg0515 said:
FPS is a division of ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement).

Whoops, I guess I'm still thinking in terms of FPS being under GSA....I'd better get with the '06's.

also: I will incorporate the title change into my upcoming larimer county update. So the heading will read Immigration & Customs Enforcement and the frequency description will be Federal Protective Service/Investagations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.