Ski Patrol Talk Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd970

Either I’m blind, confused, or just crazy, but I thought we had the ski resort talk groups on the DTRS database page. I’m I thinking of somewhere else, or has something changed?

Thanks,
Jay

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
jd970 said:
Either I’m blind, confused, or just crazy, but I thought we had the ski resort talk groups on the DTRS database page. I’m I thinking of somewhere else, or has something changed?

Thanks,
Jay

What areas are you interested in? No one is on DTRS and many are just on UHF but Winter Park, Copper Mtn and Aspen/Snowmass used trunked systems on the mountain.

Jim<

jd970

I'm interested in Keystone and Abasin for this weekend. But frequencies for all the ski resorts along I70, including Winter Park would be nice. It looks like we already have Copper and Breck in the database, no talk groups for the Vail LTR (Look, I found some listings =). So any further direction would be nice.

As for Vail, if I can figure out how to do an "ID SCAN" on an LTR, I can record a ton of transmissions throughout the winter.

Another question, Vail has a DTRS Site (235) right on the mountain. Why aren’t they using the DTRS network? It is a big mountain.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&action=fcc&cs=WQDT629

Satellite view clearly shows the marker on the runs. Maybe Mid Vail?

jimmnn said:
What areas are you interested in? No one is on DTRS and many are just on UHF but Winter Park, Copper Mtn and Aspen/Snowmass used trunked systems on the mountain.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Another question, Vail has a DTRS Site (235) right on the mountain. Why aren’t they using the DTRS network? It is a big mountain.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&action=fcc&cs=WQDT629

Satellite view clearly shows the marker on the runs. Maybe Mid Vail?[/QUOTE]

Maybe because Vail is a private corporation and they usally frown on allowing other than public safety agencies access onto DTRS.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.