Colorado Springs Police Depatment TEN CODES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skoz

What are CSPD's ten codes... I really never hear any 10-codes but, often I hear code numbers and wonder what they are?

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
You don't hear 10 codes be there aren't any. Jim's reference has everything you need. All El Paso County agencies are pretty much plain english.

J1LETTER

Codes

The agencies in El Paso County, and Colorado Springs utilize numeric codes but we do not use "10-Codes" as previously stated it's mostly plain english aside from our codes. The codes are fairly easy and apparently listed but I am not sure where they are. I will post some of the most used:

Code1 - Request radio silence except for units on scene or responding to a certain call
Code3 - Indicates a lights & siren response
Code7 - Meal break

Those tend to be the most utilized codes.

Mick

I don't know where this list came from; most are still in use:

Code 1 = emergency radio traffic
Code 2 = respond non-emergency
Code 3 = respond emergency
Code 4 = officer is okay
Code 5 = party is wanted (F felony, M misdemeanor)
Code 6 = busy
Code 7 = out of service, mealtime
Code 8 = burglary/alarm
Code 9 = murder
Code 10 = bomb threat
Code A = person expired

Source:
ScanElPasoCounty : ScanElPasoCounty

dw2872

I have heard each one of these above used except for Code-9 and 10.

Code-A is obviously rare, but I have heard it during the tow truck driver dragging death incident in the Springs, used by the "Paul" unit/supervisor immediately after a burglar killed a couple a few weeks ago when they came home and interrupted him, and another time when they found a deceased person.

I have also heard these three rarely used codes that officers will even sometimes ask over the radio what they mean... which really defeats the whole purpose of the code.

Code-12 - Marked units need to stay clear of location due to undercover activity
Code-20 - Officer has been involved in an accident
Code-33 - Person checked is gang affiliated

These are all used in El Paso County county and city law enforcement.

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I don't know where this list came from; most are still in use:

Code 1 = emergency radio traffic
Code 2 = respond non-emergency
Code 3 = respond emergency
Code 4 = officer is okay
Code 5 = party is wanted (F felony, M misdemeanor)
Code 6 = busy
Code 7 = out of service, mealtime
Code 8 = burglary/alarm
Code 9 = murder
Code 10 = bomb threat
Code A = person expired

Source:
ScanElPasoCounty : ScanElPasoCounty

If I know my codes well enough, I think most of those codes originate from California. I don't monitor El Paso, so I can't help you much there. I know Castle Rock PD uses the same codes as what J1LETTER mentioned above, and Douglas County SO uses Code A.

N2PYS

Premium Subscriber
Well CSPD has some untraditional codes like 10-96 which is a "mental Patient" which is usually followed by 10-13 "shots Fired officer needs assistance" in the 15 years i lived in Colorado Springs they manufactured a reason to kill every "mentally Ill" person they came in contact with. They are an embarrassment to the oath they take and the Uniform they wear.

Peace

dw2872

NOPE... Never heard 10-96 or 10-13 on CSPD and I listen all the time. They use "POS" for mental problems and "shots fired" when there are shots fired.

N2PYS

Premium Subscriber
Well i moved away from there over 16 years ago times change!!

Peace

N2PYS

Premium Subscriber
Well there are a number of officers who i deeply respect,and there is and /or was a group that acted like a bunch of jackbooted thugs who prosecuted their own version of "justice" outside the court system outside the publics eyes and before dash cams.El Paso County Sheriffs Department is the flip side of the coin highly trained skilled professionals so you have a mixed bag of good and evil.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.