Metro Area Denied List

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Beginning to try to formulate a better list of confirmed talk group denials based on control channel sites because I think this may become very helpful to the monitoring community in the correct, accurate programming of your P25 scanners.

This is constantly evolving over the last few weeks so please keep me updated with any changes you might log.

DTRS Denial list attached in Word format.

Thanks Jim<

Last edited:

Steve2003

With the exception of Chevron, it seems that DCSO and Thornton are the only agencies being denied on DTRS sites. In the past, I never noticed any DCSO denials on any of the sites. (as with Thornton). As soon as Thornton moved to 700 MHz, it seemed that they started to get denied on some of the 800 sites. Anybody think the DCSO denials on these sites might be a sign that the agency is headed towards 700 MHz? Keep in mind that the head of CCNC also works for DCSO. How could the head of CCNC not move his own agency to 700 MHz? My bet is that DCSO will be one of the next agencies to move towards 700 MHz only in their home area. Anybody notice what kind of portables DCSO deputies have had on their belts lately?

RISC777

Steve2003 said:
With the exception of Chevron, it seems that DCSO and Thornton are the only agencies being denied on DTRS sites.
Hearing Thornton on Thorodin this morning...they are being denied? (It is kind of tiresome their flip-flopping between 800 and 700.) And I should expect DCSO changes now also, hmm...

Jim, the keeping an updated denial listing is a most excellent (and helpful) thing.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
RISC777 said:
Hearing Thornton on Thorodin this morning...they are being denied? (It is kind of tiresome their flip-flopping between 800 and 700.) And I should expect DCSO changes now also, hmm...

Jim, the keeping an updated denial listing is a most excellent (and helpful) thing.

No denials on Thorodin currently and I too am hearing Thornton on Thorodin 800MHz for the last few days, but they are being denied on many other sites including Lookout.

Jim<

rckydenver

jimmnn said:
No denials on Thorodin currently and I too am hearing Thornton on Thorodin 800MHz for the last few days, but they are being denied on many other sites including Lookout.

Jim<
Strange that i'm getting denied on the Thorodin site, so far TG 3001,3015,3033,3050,and 3051..Seems to be all the 3000.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
rckydenver said:
Strange that i'm getting denied on the Thorodin site, so far TG 3001,3015,3033,3050,and 3051..Seems to be all the 3000.

Seems to be changing daily but not really that strange Arap County agencies and Littleton Schools should not really need Thorodin.

Jim<

MikeyB

jimmnn said:
Seems to be changing daily but not really that strange Arap County agencies and Littleton Schools should not really need Thorodin.

Jim<

I agree with Jim. The denials make sense. Instead of adding more 700 mhz or 800 mhz channels, a better job of denials would help! Why show a TG be broadcast on 7 different towers. No wonder they're running out of frequencies. It would also make it easier to listen to, as long as you are within range.

rckydenver

I kinda like the denials too, most of my digital radios have have the site 105 which is Thorodin and being here in Arvada i would rather listen to Jefferson Cnty vs Arapahoe Cntys so not picking them up is no biggie..But if there was some day that i would want to listen to Arapahoe looks like i would have to put in another site.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
It has been this way for several years actually.

For MMIC: Welcome back.

Phil.

luke-1

scanlist said:
For MMIC: Welcome back.

Phil.

I second that

Since you are back, Can you help us with some Questions?

Based on information I have gathered logging radio ID's;

It appears that some of the agencies in the South metro area have received new radio's fairly recently. Is that the case? If so are they 700/800 capable?

MMIC

There is some purchasing of new radios going on, and any brand new Motorola radio will be dual-band (700 MHz/800 MHz) radios. What are you seeing to lead you to believe that there are new radios out there?

luke-1

A lot of new radio ID's appearing in the last couple of months for just about every agency in the south metro area. They are easy to spot because the new ID's are 6 digits, where as the older ones are 4 or 5. In addition, the software allows you to label the ID's, so if a new one shows up, it is not labeled.

Has any kind of time frame been established for them to start using 700?

Is there any plans to add 700's to existing sites that don't currently have any?

Is there any plans to add new sites like 322 that have 700 control channels around the south metro area?

I know, I have a lot of questions.

Thanks MMIC for your information

Troop

luke-1 said:
A lot of new radio ID's appearing in the last couple of months for just about every agency in the south metro area. They are easy to spot because the new ID's are 6 digits, where as the older ones are 4 or 5. In addition, the software allows you to label the ID's, so if a new one shows up, it is not labeled.

I may be wrong but that may not mean it's a "new" radio. I had to get my packset serviced last month and they had to send a new plug that would give my radio a 6 digit ID and our radios are probably the oldest in the DTRS fleet...

luke-1

Troop said:
I may be wrong but that may not mean it's a "new" radio. I had to get my packset serviced last month and they had to send a new plug that would give my radio a 6 digit ID and our radios are probably the oldest in the DTRS fleet...

That's why all the questions

I want to know if what I think I'm seeing is really the case

Did they simply repair your radio, or could they have done some sort of upgrade to it?

MMIC

A lot of the agencies that were on the system from the beginning have five-digit radio IDs. They decided to make the IDs six-digits, with the first digit identifying the "home zone" for the radio (HZ-1 = 1xxxxx, HZ-2 = 2xxxxx, HZ-3 = 3xxxxx). It's just a radio ID change and possibly some minor talk group/zone modifications, not any upgrades. They are not purchasing that many new radios, but many agencies are working on getting new radios so that they can take advantage of the 700 MHz capacity at some sites. No timeline yet. I have heard some rumors about possible 700 MHz sites in Elbert county down the line.

Last edited:

luke-1

Thank you MMIC-

That's all I have for you at the moment, but stick around, I appreciate your information.

Status
Not open for further replies.