Arapahoe channel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
stevie621 said:
Today at 1600 hours I heard the Arapahoe dispatcher say channel 1 is on emergency. What channel do they use for normal calls?

Normally channels 2-7 (id's 3002-3007) and they identify which one when placing Ch 1 on emergency.

Jim<

Steve2003

I think ACSO uses 3006 as an all-call type of ch. Whenever there is an important anouncement within the agency, they patch all of their talkgroups to 3006 (i.e. announcting ch. 1 is on emergency traffic only). As soon as the announcement is over, they remove the patch. The emergency traffic will remain on Ch. 1, and all other traffic will move to Ch. 2.

MMIC

3006 is not a multi-group talk group. What you are seeing is 3006 being selected by the system as the "super group" in the multi-select call from the console. In the system, when a patch or multi-select (multi-group) call is initiated, the system will announce over the control channel that the talk groups included in the multi-group call are placed into a "super group." The super group will be one of the talk groups involved in the multi-group call. When you see numerous talk groups patched or multi-selected with 3006, it will be the system announcing that those talk groups are involved in the multi-group call, and that talk group 3006 will act as the super group for calls on those talk groups until the multi-group call is torn down.

Status
Not open for further replies.