Site 363 Loveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVLSU698

I was downtown Loveland tonight and was not receiving anything on site 363 868.7625. Has that site been removed? In the past it has seemed not to have a very big coverage area. Thanks Craig

rickak

The Bald Mtn and Horsetooth sites both still have it showing connected as a neighbor. Odd that you could not hear it in Loveland.

I've never been able to pick it up in Ft Collins. It is a puny site.

Rick

Spud

DTRS Loveland

rickak said:
The Bald Mtn and Horsetooth sites both still have it showing connected as a neighbor. Odd that you could not hear it in Loveland.

I've never been able to pick it up in Ft Collins. It is a puny site.

Rick

The site was active yesterday evening. I will check it again later today.

It is located on top of the city bldg at 410 E 5th St and I have no problem receiving it at my location near Rocky Mountain High school in Ft Collins. It is weak on the Pro-96 using the RS 800 MHz rubber-duck antenna but quite strong on the Pro-2096 connected to the outdoor antenna.

I believe that its primary function is to mitigate the dead spots in the downtown Loveland area.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Something about having to take the site offline to perform upgrades comes to mind. I believe CCNC is doing site upgrades in the next couple of weeks.

Phil.

skipshark773

CCNC is doing upgrades in the area. Some sites will be down for 5-10 min while the work is being performed. This may explain why you were unable to hear the Loveland site. I believe it is back online now.

Last edited:

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Nope! Not back on-line yet.

However I do see a data channel at 868.7500 which is only .125 kHz below the CC but no coms. Must be a backup for the upgrade.

It would make sense for this site to be first on the list. I think it's first.

EDIT~ For future reference I would create a bank or three for the new channels. They are moving 15 MHz down, right?
icon3.gif

Last edited:

skipshark773

The information that I received was that downtimes were supposed to only last for 5-10 min apiece. During these downtimes radios should be reverted to their site trunking modes. I cant imagine why the Loveland tower would be down for such an extended period of time though.

poltergeisty

Banned
Don't know still down! :confused:

At 868.7500 when I use the search with trunk enabled I see the dat and FM flash and the talk group is at 1401 continuously. Is odd because I stuck that into the scanning banks and no talk group appears. It may be a small error in the system for now. I'm in search mode for activity in scanning the systems frequencies with the CC of 868.7500.

1401 is Jefferson County Sheriff LE Dispatch. (from database)

poltergeisty

Banned
I don't get it!

The original CC of 868.7625 is now working and indeed shows dat however, the scanner is trying to decode a sub code. :lol: I do have that feature on, but from a trunked system bank?

EDIT~It seems that bank is in conventional mode and not trunk as it does say and always was. Time for a redo! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.