Site 339 help offered

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFsponge

Hello all. Kind of a dual post here, but thought I'd try to reach as many as possible with this...

I have to go to Limon on business midday Friday (12-15) and will be happy to cruise up to Last Chance when I'm done. If anyone out there can tell me how I could help log Site 339 with a 796D or a 296D and an attatched XP laptop, let me know and I'll be happy to do it. I have no idea how a "Tower File" is created, but if it's software I can download to the computer and learn how to use in a short time, I'll be happy to do it. Barring that, would it help to simply go out there, sit and search for the strongest control channel signal I can find and log the frequency?

If memory serves, I think I remember a tall tower in the NE corner of the intersection of Hwys 36 and 71. Haven't been there for six or seven years. Google Earth dosen't have the resolution there to make one out if it exists...

Let me know how/if I can help.

Rob

P.S. This site does not appear to be in the FCC DB yet.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Thanks a bunch for the offer but your SOL trying to log the DTRS sites with any of the Uniden line of radios.

Jim<

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
I've tried from here and no sign of a signal from that site so far. Sometimes signal conditions change where distant sites out East do come in up here so I will keep checking for the CC this weekend.

Phil.

RFsponge

OK. Thanks. Based on what I read from Jim before I left, I decided to not go up there. I suppose I could have found a CC that pegged my meter while sitting at the intersection, but I'd have no way of confirming what or where the signal was actually from.

I just wish the FCC DB was up to date...

Rob

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
poltergeisty said:

But I bet most don't have discriminator port installed, especially on there mobile rigs and comparing unitrunker with pro96com is certainly apples and oranges I use both everyday one is extremely easy plug and play and the other well let's just say it's much harder and still does not create the tower file format we are looking for and are using to log all state DTRS sites.

Continue to be SOL with the Uniden products at least for easy logging purposes that is.

Thanks

Jim<

scanlist

RFsponge said:
I just wish the FCC DB was up to date...
The 700 MHz license for the state of Colorado, at this point, is a blanket license to use the band sorta like the "806" licenses for 800 MHz.
comparing unitrunker with pro96com is certainly apples and oranges
Oh man don't get me started about the uni-anythingthatusesacontrolchannel-crasher program. :twisted:

Phil.

RFsponge

And I don't know why I'm obsessing so much over this, but...

I know that this is looking west along Hwy 36, and look what's sticking out of the tree to the left of the Dairy King sign...

Becha that's the tower in question, and it appears to be on the NW side of the intersection.

I don't know what is up with Google Earth. I can't even make out the buildings... Maybe they've been torn down? I have no idea how old this picture is.

For what it's worth...

Attachments

• LastChanceColorado.jpg
    LastChanceColorado.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Spud

Location of image

RFsponge said:
And I don't know why I'm obsessing so much over this, but...

I know that this is looking west along Hwy 36, and look what's sticking out of the tree to the left of the Dairy King sign...

Becha that's the tower in question, and it appears to be on the NW side of the intersection.

Just additional info:

The location of the "tower" shown in the attached image is at about 39.43.84N and 103.37.54W. I can not confirm that it is actually site 339 yet.

The spud

scanlist

No signs of even a weak signal up here on the "advertised" 867.7625 CC freq.
Is 339 going to be a 700MHz site?
Most likely dual 700/800. As mentioned above the CC is 800.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.