Loveland PD, Weld County SO, Estes Park PD

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KC0UWS

what frequencies do they use? Is Estes Park receivable in Longmont with a good antenna?

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
Estes PD

I can receive Estes Park PD, Fire and EMS pages very well in at my work in Cheyenne. I guess it depends which direction you are with the mountains that are in the way. We can also here Longmont, but not as clearly as Estes.

K

KC0UWS

kd7gxu said:
I can receive Estes Park PD, Fire and EMS pages very well in at my work in Cheyenne. I guess it depends which direction you are with the mountains that are in the way. We can also here Longmont, but not as clearly as Estes.

you can hear Longmont anywhere. I've been in Greeley heard them, been in Denver heard them, been to Ault and heard them. I only live about 1/2 mile from Longmont PD's repeater in central Longmont. its on a water tower I believe. There are many city repeaters around there and elsewhere in Longmont.

BTW: has anyone seen the antennas they have at the PD in the back? If not, I could take a picture and show you all. Its pretty cool.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Channel 1 is on the KRCN broadcast tower. All the others are allegedly on the water tower. I understand they are working on improving the VHF system next year for coverage on the East side so this could all change in the future.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.