Denver PD Unit ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Sure, post a list and the Admins would be more then happy to add them to the DB.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
jfab said:
Well I was hoping I could get some help putting that list together. I'm unclear on how DPD ID's their units...

1xx = Dist 1
2xx = Dist 2

etc for Districts 1-6

7xx = traffic cars

Lower numbers are the higher ranking officers so 310 who just keyed up I believe is a Sgt in Dist 3.

and the list goes on for all the other special units, believe Bill has a pretty comprehensive list.

Jim<

cstockmyer

DPD unit identifier list

With Bills(Scan-Denver) Permission here you go Jfab

Patrol units are designated by three digits, the first digit being the district number.
For Powershift units (units with two officers) add a 5 to the 2nd digit(ie instead of 616, it is 666.
Any single number (i.e. Command 1) is a district captain
Any number ending in a double zero (i.e 100) is a district lieutenant
Any number ending in ten (i.e. 110) is a sergeant
Numbers from 700-899 are used by Traffic Control or other specialized units

Adam # - Administration
Adam 1 - Mayor
Adam 2 - Manager of Public Safety
Adam 3 - Chief of Police
Baker - Support Services
Charlie - Delinquency Control Division
David - District Attorney's Office
Henry - Parking Violations Bureau
Ida - Intelligence Bureau
King - K-9 Unit (Division of SWAT)
Metro - SWAT
Nora - Colorado National Guard
Post - Downtown Foot and/or Motorcycle Units
Robert - Reserve Police Officer
Tac - Gang Unit
Tom - Traffic Investagators
Union - Detectives (Crimes Against Persons Division)
Victor - Negotiator - Special Support Unit (SWAT)
X-ray - Detectives
Yankee ## - Crime Lab Unit
Zebra - Vice Bureau

Last edited:

eyes00only

That's a pretty accurate list. Back to the basic district thing; The 1 - 2 etc. is for the district. The next numbers are the precinct. I think a 101 to 109 would be a desk sergeant. I think the 800's are special assignment. I think a 162 - 264 is a DUI car. Scout used to be a car for jail transport. I think a 152 - 254 would be a traffic car. 700's are highway traffic dispatched on district 5. 110 - 120 are Sergeants. Van one - Van two would be Detox. I really have not been monitoring much, but I think this info is correct.

Jerry

Last edited:

kc0kp

More numbering

eyes00only said:
That's a pretty accurate list. Back to the basic district thing; The 1 - 2 etc. is for the district. The next numbers are the precinct. I think a 101 to 109 would be a desk sergeant. I think the 800's are special assignment. I think a 162 - 264 is a DUI car. Scout used to be a car for jail transport. I think a 152 - 254 would be a traffic car. 700's are highway traffic dispatched on district 5. 110 - 120 are Sergeants. Van one - Van two would be Detox. I really have not been monitoring much, but I think this info is correct.

Jerry

In the districts, first number is district, second number is sector, third number is precinct.
On Sergeants, first number is district, second number is sector, third number is zero.

Example is car 311 works capitol hill, sector one and his sergeant is cruiser 310.

Some districts have more sectors than others.

Sector numbers over 4 are traffic and DUI cars.

Sector numbers of zero are desk officers and other random assignments.

kc0kp

kc0kp

cstockmyer said:
With Bills(Scan-Denver) Permission here you go Jfab

Patrol units are designated by three digits, the first digit being the district number.
For Powershift units (units with two officers) add a 5 to the 2nd digit(ie instead of 616, it is 666.
Any single number (i.e. Command 1) is a district captain
Any number ending in a double zero (i.e 100) is a district lieutenant
Any number ending in ten (i.e. 110) is a sergeant
Numbers from 700-899 are used by Traffic Control or other specialized units

Adam # - Administration
Adam 1 - Mayor
Adam 2 - Manager of Public Safety
Adam 3 - Chief of Police
Baker - Support Services
Charlie - Delinquency Control Division
David - District Attorney's Office
Henry - Parking Violations Bureau
Ida - Intelligence Bureau
King - K-9 Unit (Division of SWAT)
Metro - SWAT
Nora - Colorado National Guard
Post - Downtown Foot and/or Motorcycle Units
Robert - Reserve Police Officer
Tac - Gang Unit
Tom - Traffic Investagators
Union - Detectives (Crimes Against Persons Division)
Victor - Negotiator - Special Support Unit (SWAT)
X-ray - Detectives
Yankee ## - Crime Lab Unit
Zebra - Vice Bureau

Add Frank non police miscellaneous. Frank 11 Public works traffic signal technician. Frank 8 (now seldom used) Fire dispatcher.

Post is any assignment that in the old day was handled by someone with a portable radio. Ie walking beats. Before it was cleaned up, Post 11 was the Larimer street walking beat.

Solo units are City enforcement motorcycles.

Sam units are sheriffs department.

kc0kp

cstockmyer

Sam units

kc0kp said:
Sam units are sheriffs department.

kc0kp

So does this mean that the Denver Sheriff dept now has a Patrol division? Or do Sam units do evictions and serve people?

And who are Lincoln units?

Last edited:

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
No, the sheriffs don't patrol. They operate the scout cars (scout 1 & 2), the ER and Ward 18 at DGH, the jail busses (lincoln baker units), evictions/civil processes (civil division), court security at the city & county bldg, and of course both jails. I think the sam units are the civil div.

cstockmyer

n0doz said:
No, the sheriffs don't patrol. They operate the scout cars (scout 1 & 2), the ER and Ward 18 at DGH, the jail busses (lincoln baker units), evictions/civil processes (civil division), court security at the city & county bldg, and of course both jails. I think the sam units are the civil div.

Thank you sir!

cstockmyer

I've got a dumb question. Why does the mayor of Denver have a call sign on the Denver system? Also is Denver the only city that does that? I can't say I have ever heard Adam 1 key up, but I thought I would ask.

kc0kp

Not his call sign per se

cstockmyer said:
I've got a dumb question. Why does the mayor of Denver have a call sign on the Denver system? Also is Denver the only city that does that? I can't say I have ever heard Adam 1 key up, but I thought I would ask.
All big city mayors have security details. The driver of the mayors car is usually a police officer and his call sign is Adam 1. That being said, in the interest of security, obvious calls like that have fallen by the wayside in favor of using something obscure like the officer's former call sign in the detective bureau.
It used to be but not sure if it still is but CSP-1 was the governators car.

cstockmyer

kc0kp said:
All big city mayors have security details. The driver of the mayors car is usually a police officer and his call sign is Adam 1. That being said, in the interest of security, obvious calls like that have fallen by the wayside in favor of using something obscure like the officer's former call sign in the detective bureau.
It used to be but not sure if it still is but CSP-1 was the governators car.

Interesting, Thanks!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Don't believe CSP-1 is used anymore, during the shooting there recently they just used there normal capital call signs.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.