RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Colorado Radio Discussion Forum

Colorado Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Colorado.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2017, 6:46 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenglehart View Post
Clint here, living in Adams County. I monitor Adams (FRCC), Boulder Douglas, Jefco and MARC. I'm in sort of a valley here so Thorodin isn't the best reception, but I get good results from Smokey Hill.
What valley could you be where you can't receive THORODIN??

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2017, 4:41 AM

Hey all, Tim here in El Paso county. Just started playing around with a small handheld ham. I have found some amateur freqs here on radio reference, and a few other freqs that i know of for my work. But nothing exciting... Anyone know of any good freqs to listen to. I am hoping to get my tech here soon so i can start keying up some conversations.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2018, 11:41 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Checkin

My namemis Tom. KE0NKK. Pending vanity of KE0WTC. Longmont, CO. Ham less than a year. Got my General in Jan 18.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:21 AM

Default Glad to Be Here

My name is Ken, moved out here a few years ago from NJ.

I was a volunteer firefighter, chief officer for a suburban department in Northwestern NJ. My dad was a firefighter and it was natural that I joined when I was 16 as a "Junior Firefighter" in 1986. Served all the ranks over the 20 years I was there. Highlights from my time there: I was in the officer seat for our response to the 911 attack in NYC but got turned around on the way there. Also responded to Hurricane Katrina with the NJSP Decon Task Force.

At the same time, I was a firefighter and eventually a District Warden with the NJ Forest Fire Service. Yes, we have forests and woods. My territory included a section of the Appalachian Trail and National Park Service lands in Northwestern NJ. We dug a lot of handline and drip-torch work.. I also was deployed with Type IIA handcrews a bunch of times to fight fire in MT, UT, ID and OR. Was a great experience and I loved the western US.

I also worked the "Catfish Firetower" on the Appalachian Trail. Great experience!

So, here I am. I moved to Uninc Arapahoe and love CO.

I listen on a bunch of different Uniden Scanners, I have a great "fire tower" view from the Tech Center looking out towards the mountains and a good stretch of I25. So, if you need to triangulate a smoke, give me a call! (No joke, I have binoculars, a compass and a map!) No Osborne firefinder, but I'll make do.

Tags
montrose, sticky