Juicy Development Partners with RadioReference for Police Scanner App

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Orem, Utah - Juicy Development, creator of popular iPhone app Police Scanner, has partnered with RadioReference, the world's largest radio communication data provider, to provide feeds for its emergency frequency scanner application. "We're ecstatic to partner with RadioReference," said David Kyle, project manager for Police Scanner. "They provide us with a large number of streams that are exceptional in clarity and relevance."

Clarity and relevance are crucial to Police Scanner's users, as the acclaimed iPhone application allows listeners to listen to police, fire, and EMS activities around the world. Unlike other emergency scanner applications, Police Scanner's adaptive technology allows updates to data streams to post "live" within a few hours of changes made. Because emergency data streams can change so quickly, Police Scanner is able to provide the updated information to its customers without waiting for slow version changes released in the iTunes store.

"Juicy Development was the first organization to develop an application for listening to public safety audio streams on mobile devices," said Lindsay Blanton, president of RadioReference. "Their innovative and easy-to-use interface means that thousands of listeners are able to hear what is happening within their communities quickly and efficiently. RadioReference is proud to be a part of that process."

With over 1850 national and international streams, Police Scanner offers the largest selection of police, fire, and emergency services streams available. Police Scanner is the only iPhone emergency scanner application to provide streams from eight countries. New streams are added daily.

Several independent blogs and experts, including AppCraver, have compared Police Scanner with other emergency scanner applications, and have rated Police Scanner superior. "I'd have to give the edge to Police Scanner. The search ability is superior, the graphics are far superior. I found the broadcast from the same Canadian agency to be clearer and I liked the broader selection of locations more suited to my needs," said Keith Lewis of AppCraver.com

Police Scanner runs on wireless LANs, the 3G network, or on the Edge network, and is compatible both 2.x and 3.0 devices. Now with 50,000 plus regular users, Police Scanner is the most far-reaching emergency stream application in the iTunes national and international stores.

Minimum Requirements:
iPhone or iPod touch 2.2 or later

Pricing and Availability:
The cost of the application for the iPhone is $2.99 (USD) in the App Store in the Medical category. Police Scanner 1.2.1 is a product of Juicy Development, which also produces the popular iPhone applications Talk Radio and Bard That!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Just curious what the advantage of a scanner app is versus using Safari to go to m.radioreference.com? All the scanner apps I've tried have to remain running (i.e. don't do anything else with your iPhone) or the audio stops. If I load up in Safari, I can keep surfing or run other apps and still hear.

911scanner

Just curious what the advantage of a scanner app is versus using Safari to go to m.radioreference.com? All the scanner apps I've tried have to remain running (i.e. don't do anything else with your iPhone) or the audio stops. If I load up in Safari, I can keep surfing or run other apps and still hear.

Shhhhhhh......

Ancient Chinese secret.

PeterGV

K1PGV
My only question: Does it display tags in real-time?

I don't have an iPhone, but I've yet to see a wireless app that doesn't hopelessly delay the tag display. And thus I've yet to see a wireless SCANNER app that adds value above using a regular browser/audio player as noted by rdale.

My 'Berry plays scanner audio perfectly from the browser, no app needed...

Peter
K1PGV

adafire38

... And thus I've yet to see a wireless SCANNER app that adds value above using a regular browser/audio player as noted by rdale.

My 'Berry plays scanner audio perfectly from the browser, no app needed...

Peter
K1PGV

Here's the added value for me.

My Berry DOESN'T play scanner audio from RR. Thus... I need http://www.bbscanner.com/downlaod to listen.

For $2.99, it's just easier.

Last edited:

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
Lindsay, I downloaded the Police Scanner App the other day and it was working fine. I had quite a few feeds in my state of Connecticut. I went in today and there was only one left. Just Hartford which I am not really interested in. I checked some others in New York and they are gone also. Any ideas what has happened? I am hoping it might be just a bug. Other wise I guess I wasted $2.99 if they deleted all those feeds. Thanks for listening to me and I love your site!!

Dave

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You might get a better response going to the app store and submitting a error request with the app developer.

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
I did submit something to them also. I was wondering if Lindsay had heard anything. I did notice on their reviews that the samething happened to others. Enough said, I do not want to bring this too far off topic.
Thanks
Dave

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
Update!
Everything is back. Apparently they (Juicy Development) had a server crash. Got a reply from their customer service which I did not expect! Great App and good customer service so far. Thanks.

911scanner

I'll buy if and when they add 10-codes - look likes a great app!

Really? You know that while the idea was good way back when, Ten Codes are rarely uniform from one agency to the next.

That's why there have been several news articles regarding "plain talk" over emergency frequencies in the last few years.

I doubt people would add services that might be completely obsolete very soon. Waste of resources.

MM

jobes

Feed Provider
10-4:)

Sorry I just had to before I went forty-two (oh excuse me 10-42) for the evening

Status
Not open for further replies.