RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Announcements and News > Community Announcements and News

Community Announcements and News Announcements and News of interest to the RadioReference.com Community. All new threads posted here will be moderated by the administrators. Members are encouraged to post news and information here for the community.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 8:39 PM

Thumbs up

I am still seeing the sponsored links but the ads never bothered me, I look beyond them and choose not to focus on them. Overall this web site is a great place to participate in.

Rob
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2011, 8:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Cool

I concur
Old 04-11-2011, 9:22 PM

I too am still seeing the ads. I've never payed much attention to them in the first place though.
Old 04-11-2011, 9:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The ads have only been removed from the FORUMS section!!!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 9:34 PM

I am aware mass-man, and I am still seeing the ads in the forums. I still see the Sponsored Links ads embedded between forum posts. It is my understanding that those were supposed to be removed.
Sponsored links
Old 04-12-2011, 12:46 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile

Thank you so much !!!
Old 04-12-2011, 8:10 AM
Senior Moderator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

I don't understand all the *****ing here, Lindsay posted a thread about ads being removed from the site, then the *****ing starts about who cares about this anyways as I use ad blocker, okay, keep it to yourself then.

Then I read about "Its all about money"! Remember, this is a business for the site owner. If you had a website that can generate money in a non-
obtrusive
way, why not do it to implement more features for the site.

So lets leave it at that, and for the premium subscribers enjoy this feature

Last edited by tonsoffun; 04-12-2011 at 8:16 AM.. Reason: Question mark not needed
Old 04-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Founder and CEO
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I believe we've resolved all the issues that some premium subscribers had with still seeing ads. Contact me directly if you still have problems seeing ads in the forums and you are a premium subscriber.

Finally, I reserve the right to remove any posts from this thread if I feel they are off topic and don't relate directly to the announcement and discussion at hand. Those of you that know me understand that if you fight me on this, or want to debate this, then you will lose out every time. So don't waste your time.

To everyone else, thanks for your patience and understanding.

Lindsay
Old 04-12-2011, 4:22 PM

Lindsay,

First I will say THANK YOU for putting together a great site! I want to thank you also for providing us feed providers with the membership at no charge. kinda makes it hard to complain, but some always will. As for the ads, I have always put up with the ads without complaint becouse I would rather they pay for this very professional site than me! This just makes it better. This is probably a good place to stop typing so THANKS AGAIN.

ps. Tonsoffun, I have to agree!
Sponsored links
Old 04-12-2011, 4:42 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantonl View Post
Folks,

I'm pleased to announce that effective immediately, premium subscribers will no longer see ads in the forums (except for the top Scanner Master ad).

This is the first step in our plans to remove most ads site-wide for premium subscribers.

Enjoy!!
There is no need to remove the ads.... I actually find them helpful when im looking for some things
also allows me a slight break between long threads with lots of posts. i can look for the ad and know where i was....
Old 04-12-2011, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonDirect View Post
There is no need to remove the ads.... I actually find them helpful when im looking for some things
also allows me a slight break between long threads with lots of posts. i can look for the ad and know where i was....
They are working on a CP user option for Premium Subscribers that will give you the choice to either turn them on or off, with that it looks like everyone can be happy.

Old 04-12-2011, 5:04 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Location: Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone high atop the redwoods of Venus!

Pardon me if I shout....

*THANKS LINDSAY!!**

Just a, sometimes grumpy, `Olde Fart's' 2 worth. {VB GRIN!}

Old 04-12-2011, 6:09 PM

Smile website kudos

I appreciate the way you think Lindsay and the resulting website here at radioreference.com that I enjoy so much! The no-ad policy for premium suscribers is a good concept, but having the option to turn them on should be considered for those who may be interested in the products of the businesses that support this website. There are very few websites that I will pay to receive benefit from, as the internet model has historically been largely based on free, decentralized and accessible information. The services provided by this website, however, provide a great opportunity to shift this model in a win-win manner for businesses and their customers. I am proud to be a subscriber to a cutting edge website concept that delivers tangible benefits and a vibrant community of like minded, yet very diverse individuals. Kudos to you and your team's management skills and best wishes for this website's continued success!
Old 04-12-2011, 6:51 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile

Thanks thats awesome.

David F AC0RV
Skywarn # M187201
Old 04-13-2011, 8:39 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Thank you!
Sponsored links
Old 04-14-2011, 12:36 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I was still seeing the ads too, and I found out why. I had logged in on the home page and then went to the forums and saw the ads. I logged back out and then went to the forums page and logged in again. Ads are gone!!! Thanks so much for this nice improvement!

The other day I learned from reading one of the threads that the ads make money for Radio Ref when they are clicked on. I will make an effort to click on some of them regularly when not logged in.
Closed Thread