New profile features coming soon for RadioReference.com Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

We're excited to announce some new features that will be coming to all RR members over the next few months. Almost all of these new features are designed to be "social" in nature and get the community interacting more with the site and their peers.

The new features include:

1) A new user profile page that will serve as a home page for each RadioReference.com member.

2) Amateur Radio Callsign database integration. We will weekly load all US and Canadian Amateur Radio amateur radio callsign registrations and automatically match that data to existing members who's username equals their callsign. If their username doesn't match their callsign they will be able to link their username to their callsign. For any other international amateur radio operators who want to link their username to their callsign, we will provide them the ability to add their callsign registration information to our database.

3) Lots of Amateur Radio callsign features, including callsign lookups, proximity searches, mapping, and detailed reporting.

3) Shack Photos! :) You will now have the ability to post and maintain up to 8 photos showcasing your shack and equipment.

4) Your own equipment lists. :) You will now be able to definitively list what equipment you own, and ultimately link back to a database of most popular owned equipment.

We expect to incrementally roll out these new features in the coming two months. Keep an eye out for updates and additional details. You are going to like what you see!

Thanks,

Lindsay

N2JDS

You guys are on a roll, If you keep this pace, you'll be rolling out your own brand of scanners in a few years.

i remember meeting lindsay at a live fire burn in portage county years ago what a great guy and i love this site and always love to post what i know and find no other place is like this or can every be RadioReference is A1 in my book.

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.