Sussex County, NJ New 911 Comm Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
As of today 7/3/12, Bids are wanted for " New 911 Emergency Communications Center. All i can say is it's about time. Just an FYI.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Today is the 4th of July, not April 1st.

I am totally surprised, last I heard all the other PSAP's said no way.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
From what I heard, it will be to relocate the sheriff's dispatch, which just dispatches county agencies to the old juvenile detention center. The plans are to build it large enough to support a full county dispatch center, but chances are, not many towns will be on board.

SCPD

QRT
This was posted yesterday on the County website that's why the date is 7/3/12. That was the only info posted.The article on NJ Herald.com last year mentioned that the Sheriff will ask all Muncipal agencies if they would like to join.

Last edited:

Wow. Another RR member and I installed their CC2 buttons and LEDs console and equipment maybe 19 or 20 years ago. I remember him trying to line up the countertops just right and get the intercoms to work. I was up on the roof of the jail sawing lowband antennas to the fire frequencies. There was one console off the lobby (where the officers used to mess around and stick each other into the X-Ray machine) and I think a consolette in the jail control room. The CEB was in a closet, which I heard a few years later that a pipe broke over. I was there one night for a service call and remember hearing SPEN traffic from South Jersey.

Did any of that stuff ever get used?????

SCPD

QRT
The Antenna Tower was installed on 8-28-14. The County agencies were to start transmitting from the new Center as of 9-1-14, but there's be a delay. So far three Township's have been approved by the Freeholders to contract with County, one Township's council has voted to contract with County and one Township has not decided yet.

Hampton, Frankford and Walpack were approved

Sandyston's council approved to request County approval

Green hasn't decided

The Comm Center was built brand new and the old JDC, was made into a EOC.

The Antenna Tower was installed on 8-28-14. The County agencies were to start transmitting from the new Center as of 9-1-14, but there's be a delay. So far three Township's have been approved by the Freeholders to contract with County, one Township's council has voted to contract with County and one Township has not decided yet.

Hampton, Frankford and Walpack were approved

Sandyston's council approved to request County approval

Green hasn't decided

The Comm Center was built brand new and the old JDC, was made into a EOC.

Good luck to them! Once upon a time, 22 years ago, I used to get sent out to a small tower site in a cemetery to work on a 46 MHz low band Maxtrac turned into a fire base. It sat on a shelf in the groundskeepers' garage. Darned if I remember how to get there or where exactly it was now. Seems there was always trouble getting the base station to key up and pass Plectron tones. It's good to see progress.

SCPD

QRT
At yesterday's Freeholders meeting, they approved the purchase of a Microwave link between the Court and Jail to the new 911 Center.

SCPD

QRT
The Freeholders will vote Wednesday, 10/8 to approve share service agreement with Fredon, Green, and Montague Township's for Dispatching. The new Comm Center will be operational late this year. So far all the Township's that will be Dispatched by County, are leaving Newton.

SCPD

QRT
Frankford,Fredon,Green,Hampton,Montague,Walpack all signed Five (5) year agreements.

Sandyston signed a Two (2) year agreement.

Stillwater signed a One (1) agreement that starts on 1-1-2016 to 12-1-2016.

The agreement from Sussex County to Sparta Township for the Microwave Link site, is for Five (5) years and have an option to extend for Four (4) successive Five (5) year period, at a cost of $1000.00 per month.

SCPD

QRT
Branchville and Stillwater amended the contract from Two (2) years to Five (5) years on 11-12. While Lafayette Township was approved by the Freeholders, for Five (5) years.

Tonight 11-21, County Communcations was testing with EMS / FD's they will start Dispatching for come
1-1-15.

Sussex County EMS 1 - 155.295
Stillwater Township EMS

Sussex County Fire 1 - 46.10
Fredon Township EMS
Beemerville FC # 1 Wantage Township
Montague Township Sta.35 Fire / 35 First Responders
Stillwater Township Sta.42 Fire
Swartswood Sta. 45 Fire (Stillwater Township)
? Sta. 24 Fire
? Sta. 25 Fire / 25 First Responders
? Sta. 46 Fire
Ogdensburg FD Was an error.

As you can see, County is going to use Station numbers. A change from just saying the Name of the Department.

SCPD

QRT
Update to last information

Sta. 24 Branchville Borough

Sta. 25 Frankford Township

Sta. 46 Beemerville FC #1

SCPD

QRT
As of Today 12/16, the new Communcations Center is on line. The first (1st) call was answered at 14:25 this afternoon.Also,heard a call tonight and was Dispatched with Station #, not name of the Department. I just need to figure out the station numbers.

joemoor

Feed Provider
Thanks for all the info EJM.. I've been creating a cheat sheet to keep up with the changes. I monitor and record both those frequencies. I've attached it for everyone's use.

Quick question for you. I live in Wantage and know we have an agreement with Unionville, NY for fire coverage on our border with them. Do we have a similar agreement with Frankford? That would be the only reason why Beemerville would be dispatched out of county and not Vernon.

Joe (N2TQL)

Attachments

• SC911.txt
    402 bytes · Views: 130

SCPD

QRT
They have Mutual Aid agreements with the other FD's and EMS agencies, to help with large incidents. The Sussex County Fire Marshal also will be in charge at the large incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.