GRE has released a public beta CPU and DSP update which adds P25 Phase II decoding to the PSR 800.
GRE PSR-800 P25 Phase 2 Public Beta Upgrade - Powered By Kayako SupportSuite
CPU Beta Firmware version U1.7 Release Notes
• This experimental beta CPU software adds APCO Project 25 Phase 2 functionality to
the PSR-800 and must only be used in conjunction with the companion beta DSP
version U1.2 included in this upgrade.
• When this version is installed, the uP Appl Ver line on the version screen (accessed
by pressing menu when the welcome message is displayed after a power up) will
show as version 1.7.
• Project 25 Phase II, 4 slot TDMA voice is not supported.
• Radio IDs, on Phase 2 voice channels, will not be displayed – unless they came from
the CC before tuning to the voice channel. Radio IDs are not decoded from the voice
• Priority talkgroups are not supported when tuned to Phase 2 voice channels.
• Don't use "custom tables" for Phase 2 systems unless you really know what you're
doing (let the scanner handle tables)
• When a Phase 2 talkgroup is active, the scanner will display “D2” instead of “DG”.
DSP Beta Firmware version U1.2 Release Notes
• This experimental beta DSP software adds APCO Project 25 Phase 2 functionality to
the PSR-800 and must only be used in conjunction with the companion beta CPU
version U1.7 included in this upgrade.
EZ Scan DG PC Application Beta version 1.07 Release Notes
• Added options to the custom trunking tables to support Phase 2 operation. Unless
you really know what you are doing, we recommend using the automatic option.
Discussion is ongoing here:
P25 Phase 2 Firmware update for PSR 800