Broadcastify Launch Updates - 10/15/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Everyone,

EDIT/UPDATE: I expect that we will "soft launch" broadcastify.com sometime Tuesday afternoon / evening - most likely during the day on Wed.

Soft launch means we'll run both RadioReference and Broadcastify in parallel, allowing for a more smooth transition for everyone involved. That also means we'll probably go into November before we remove the feeds completely from RadioReference. This will allow us to do some good testing, guide the listener and broadcasting community, gather constructive feedback, let the search engines do their thing, allow the feed providers a bit of "color" before the big switch, and of course give us a few more weeks to finish up final development tasks.

For broadcasters, there will be no changes this week that will impact the availability of feeds, nor will there be any changes to premium subscription access. In a few weeks, when we completely migrate the live audio feeds to Broadcastify, we'll then implement the premium subscription credits and changes as outlined in the announcement. But for now, we don't have a firm date for that final transition point.

For listeners - nothing changes - except you'll be able to use the new Broadcastify interface to browse and listen to feeds in parallel with RadioReference.com starting this week.

Thanks for everyone's patience, and I'm looking forward to this week!

EDIT: Screen Shots!

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Last edited:

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
Sounds great! I am very excited for the launch. Thanks for the update.

egulley612

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Everyone,

I expect that we will "soft launch" broadcastify.com sometime tomorrow afternoon / evening - possibly Tuesday morning.

Soft launch means we'll run both RadioReference and Broadcastify in parallel, allowing for a more smooth transition for everyone involved. That also means we'll probably go into November before we remove the feeds completely from RadioReference. This will allow us to do some good testing, guide the listener and broadcasting community, gather constructive feedback, let the search engines do their thing, allow the feed providers a bit of "color" before the big switch, and of course give us a few more weeks to finish up final development tasks.

For broadcasters, there will be no changes this week that will impact the availability of feeds, nor will there be any changes to premium subscription access. In a few weeks, when we completely migrate the live audio feeds to Broadcastify, we'll then implement the premium subscription credits and changes as outlined in the announcement. But for now, we don't have a firm date for that final transition point.

For listeners - nothing changes - except you'll be able to use the new Broadcastify interface to browse and listen to feeds in parallel with RadioReference.com starting this week.

Glad to hear it Lindsey! I want that BC mobile app!

harbor1280

Feed Provider
All The Best!

Exciting! Good luck on the launch. For a lot of folks change is inconvenient. Not realizing it's always the best thing in the long run! Put me down for excited for you and all the listeners. People think you just flip a switch and that's it. I'm guessing there have been some long days and nights in the past and will be in the future. Again, good luck!

K4OC

Premium Subscriber
Personal thanks from someone in Cary NC

I must say that initially when I heard all that was going on I was kind of upset and then I saw some others complaining about the move and how bad it was, etc I found myself starting to feel the same way.

Then I decided to read the facts. After doing so I can say that I am VERY EXCITED about all of the changes that are coming. I am a feed provider so first of all I want to thank you for crediting me with a premium membership on Broadcastify because I am a feed provider. Also I have NO PROBLEM paying the $30/year RadioReference membership fee. That is what RadioReference's fee was before and so I want to THANK YOU FOR NOT RAISING THAT FEE. I hope that others understand what it costs to attain such information so for me $30/year is a bargain.

The show must go on and I am all aboard. You have done an excellent job and I appreciate what you have done.

Sincerely,
Sam Cederas K4OC

P.S. I hope more people READ THE RULES about what is allowed as FEED CONTENT.

Everyone,

I expect that we will "soft launch" broadcastify.com sometime tomorrow afternoon / evening - possibly Tuesday morning.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Same as K40C posted.

I also in the beginning felt that the feed providers were getting shafted, and it would filter on down to all of us. I thought that way because of the so called "closed mind" syndrome. But after reading and checking things out, I saw that Mr. Blanton had done his homework and that what he was putting together was a very doable and better system for all, and in particular, for the feed providers and the listeners.
Myself, I hate change; But there's always a chance the change is good. For the naysayers, just hold back your attacks and try the system out. Give it a chance to get rolling. I'm sure that most of the members will see that all the fuss and hollering was for nought.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I am not a feed provider, nor a listener. So most will see my post as lop-sided.

slylingus

Sweet

Thanks RR
Lets BOOM
Where else can you get the wolds scanners at a finger touch.
Cheers Sly

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
Me first, me first

Lindsay, you're more than welcome to use my small-town "Humboldt County (CA) North" feed as a beta guinea pig, er, test bed for the changeover. I'm really looking forward to this. I've been having intermittent ISP issues at my end, but their tech guru is supposed to be here in about an hour to "actually" resolve it. - Harry

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Quick update: We're not just ready yet, but getting close. We're still awaiting some changes from our graphic design team, and some final development items to complete.

Estimate for soft release is Tuesday evening or Wed during the day.

We're close... I'll post some screenshots of what everything looks like right now.

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
Quick update: We're not just ready yet, but getting close. We're still awaiting some changes from our graphic design team, and some final development items to complete.

Estimate for soft release is Tuesday evening or Wed during the day.

We're close... I'll post some screenshots of what everything looks like right now.

I'll be looking for activity on the site!

K4KNJ

Feed Provider
Lindsay I love the new Layout of Broadcastify.com. Im excited like a kid in a candy store

Status
Not open for further replies.