RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Announcements and News > Community Announcements and News

Community Announcements and News Announcements and News of interest to the RadioReference.com Community. All new threads posted here will be moderated by the administrators. Members are encouraged to post news and information here for the community.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 4:04 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Dang.... I only hit just under 200 for mine. But we didn't get hit with the worst of the storm so I didn't pimp it. I could've used one of those gift certificates though. Maybe for the storm next week...

But seriously it's good to see how many feeds have bounced back. Of the ones I listen to a lot I think only a small few are still down.

210XLT, 120XLT, BCT2, Pro-90, Pro-2048, Pro-94, BCT15X, BCD396XT, BCD996XT
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2012, 4:22 PM

Location: Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the skeeters.
Default Congrats to those feed providers

that were in harms way. Their feeds let the outsiders of the world know how and what was happening in that devastated area. They deserved the awards for their service. Thank you guys and gals for letting us hear how it was.
Old 11-04-2012, 6:35 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

As a provider of some of those feeds, I was sweating trying to keep them online.
I had a small battery backup with a generator for the servers , house second of course.
We had several large power surges which kept knocking off one of the servers, larger battery backup has been ordered. We have put in a lot of time and money building the system for our feeds and was glad to here that it performed well.

One of my fellow firefighters lived on beach 131 street at the other end from the fires. All he had was his cellphone with no power. He was able to keep updated on the fires using the feeds he was very thankful for everyone involved in making all this work.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:18 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Good job on keeping RR audio page running smoothly. I had no problems connecting to the feeds compared to some big incidents in the past.

What were the stats on page views between RR Audio page and Broadcastify page?

Jason