Radio equipment donations needed for Rockaway VFDs in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gesucks

Mods please move or repost where needed

Looking for a few items:

Need a VHF base for Broad Channel VFD
Their MTR2000 is doa after having 8 feet of sea water in the firehouse

Need a low band on 47.5 that can be connected to a paging encoder.
I have an encoded being donated
This is for the Point Breeze VFD

Need VHF mobiles for the engines being donated to the departments

Please contact me direct at
Scott Glazer
240-832-7199
radioinstl@yahoo.com

gesucks

Would whatever moderator or admin moved my post here please PM or contact me. This was posted in announcements so that all members would see it not just in NY. By posting here, this drastically limits who will see this and be able to help these departments out.

Thanks

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Your thread is not an announcement to the community, nor is it newsworthy. So it doesn't really fit into Community Announcements / News.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The frequencies for these departments aren't in the database, unless they're using the FDNY frequencies. In any case, I've emailed you with some older VHF-hi gear I have.

gesucks

Your thread is not an announcement to the community, nor is it newsworthy. So it doesn't really fit into Community Announcements / News.

It is an announcement to the Community. And it may not be news worthy in your area, but to most of the people in the Northeast and Public Safety and Communications, this is the biggest thing to affect them since Katrina.

groftcc

Premium Subscriber
It is an announcement to the Community. And it may not be news worthy in your area, but to most of the people in the Northeast and Public Safety and Communications, this is the biggest thing to affect them since Katrina.

I visited Rockaway yesterday and saw the devistation firsthand. The first responders there are dealing with a situation that is beyond comprehension for most of us.

I assure you that it is news worthy and any help that this community can provide would be beneficial. To think otherwise is frankly ingnorant.

Craig

gesucks

Thanks Lindsay!!

An update for everyone.
We still need a VHF base for Broad Channel
We still need a Lowband radio to hook up to the paging encoder for Point Breeze
We can use lowband pager for Point Breeze.

We have gotten and engine donated for Roackaway Point and have gotten a mobile donated for it.
We can still use a VHF mobile for the engine that was donated to Broad Channel and will be there tomorrow.

West Hamilton can use 2 mobile for their 2 engines that were donated.

All the above VHF equipment needs to be narrowbandable.

There are still plenty of departments in Nassau and Suffolk Co, NY that can use equipment and tons in NJ.

Most of these departments equipment was underwater in saltwater for 12-24 hours and what is still working will not be working long. If you have other equipment to donate outside of what is listed above, please contact me and I can connect you direct with a department or agency to coordinate the donation.

Thanks for the help. It is great to see the communications community come together to help others.

Scott.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I know Scott personally - I'm going to go ahead and make an exception here and place this back in the sitewide announcements forum.

Thank you. This is what the RR community is all about, helping each other out in the aftermath of devastation like was caused by Sandy.

Yes they need to be Narrow Band.
Low band (the 47 MHz station) would not need to be narrowbanded. Low band does not narrowband.

I have two low band base stations. I'm thinking one is 33 MHz (low split) and one is 37 MHz (mid split). I'm checking to see if one can do 47 MHz without mods or if I have high split strips. If so, will contact you directly.

What was their old lowband station (the crystals should still be good)?

Last edited:

iamhere300

Mods please move or repost where needed

Looking for a few items:

Need a VHF base for Broad Channel VFD
Their MTR2000 is doa after having 8 feet of sea water in the firehouse

Need a low band on 47.5 that can be connected to a paging encoder.
I have an encoded being donated
This is for the Point Breeze VFD

Need VHF mobiles for the engines being donated to the departments

Please contact me direct at
Scott Glazer
240-832-7199
radioinstl@yahoo.com

What wattage on the VHF base?
What wattage on the Low band?
How many channels on the mobiles?
I just tried calling. Left message.

I wish I had known, we could have thrown some in the box - we just sent two laptops with docking stations to them today.

Last edited:

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. This is what the RR community is all about, helping each other out in the aftermath of devastation like was caused by Sandy.

I am from Ct and we got hit pretty bad on the coast but not to the magnitude new york,new jersey did.I been following it on the news-I would love to see a big company such as kenwood or motorola step in and make donations and/or give a huge discounton the cost of some equipment since the the isurance companies pay out the claims to the depts so they can purcahse new equipment good luck to you men and women of the new york and new jersey public safety depts

Status
Not open for further replies.