Kittanning, PA - 911 radio system driving 14% hike in Armstrong property taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
KITTANNING, Pa. — Armstrong County property owners are facing a 14 percent increase in the real estate tax rate, and officials say it’s mainly the new emergency radio system for its 911 dispatching center that’s pushing up the bill.

911 radio system driving 14% hike in Armstrong property taxes | TribLIVE
Armstrong County property owners are facing a 14 percent increase in the real estate tax rate, and officials say it’s mainly the new emergency radio system for its 911 dispatching center that’s pushing up the bill.

Read more: 911 radio system driving 14% hike in Armstrong property taxes | TribLIVE
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Armstrong County property owners are facing a 14 percent increase in the real estate tax rate, and officials say it’s mainly the new emergency radio system for its 911 dispatching center that’s pushing up the bill.

Read more: 911 radio system driving 14% hike in Armstrong property taxes | TribLIVE
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

jim202

If I was a tax payer in that region, I would be up in arms. The article doesn't say crap about what the county commissioners are going to do with the money except spend it on a radio system. Sure would be nice to provide the details on what this $15 million radio system is and who wrote the specs on it.

Wait, don't tell me the vendor wrote the specs and got a no bid contract for $15 million.

Something looks like it is missing.

rapidcharger

If I was a tax payer in that region, I would be up in arms. The article doesn't say crap about what the county commissioners are going to do with the money except spend it on a radio system. Sure would be nice to provide the details on what this $15 million radio system is and who wrote the specs on it.

Wait, don't tell me the vendor wrote the specs and got a no bid contract for $15 million.

Something looks like it is missing.

Oh I'm sure it will look something like this one...

Ontario County first responders get radio system upgrades - Victor, NY - Victor Post

I love how they're still calling them "upgrades". What a steamy pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.