RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Announcements and News > Community Announcements and News

Community Announcements and News Announcements and News of interest to the RadioReference.com Community. All new threads posted here will be moderated by the administrators. Members are encouraged to post news and information here for the community.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 8:03 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Well.. spoke to soon.. Although 800mhz duckie helped in town.. still low at home.. put up 800mhz outdoor antenna and connected with RG-6 coax... had 94% reception for a few minutes... but variation ranges from 0% to 78% constantly. At wits end.. am i going to have to buy a house near tower to get good reception??
Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2013, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat9139 View Post
Well.. spoke to soon.. Although 800mhz duckie helped in town.. still low at home.. put up 800mhz outdoor antenna and connected with RG-6 coax... had 94% reception for a few minutes... but variation ranges from 0% to 78% constantly. At wits end.. am i going to have to buy a house near tower to get good reception??
"am i going to have to buy a house near tower to get good reception?"

I am beginning to believe that is exactly what is going to have to be done to be able to copy anything.

I have tried two mobile 800 MHz antennas on my truck and the same thing happened the CC was all over the place, any where from 60 to 90%.

Pro 106, Win500 PSREdit500 ARC500
Old 01-27-2013, 12:12 AM
EMS Dispatcher
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

I was up in NW Cobb the other day, and I couldn't get the control channel to break squelch. Even all the way rotated out, I could make it out, but it wouldn't lock.

/
\/\|k.e

EMS Dispatcher/EMD Certified
http://icanhasdriverslicense.com
Old 01-27-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b7spectra View Post
I was up in NW Cobb the other day, and I couldn't get the control channel to break squelch. Even all the way rotated out, I could make it out, but it wouldn't lock.
I think the mobile antennas that I tried may have overloaded the Pro 106, they are known to be real sensitive. Think I will try a paper clip next time I am mobile.

Old 01-28-2013, 9:02 PM
EMS Dispatcher
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

I was using a hi gain on my scanner. I switched over to a 1/4 wave and still couldn't get jack.

/
\/\|k.e

EMS Dispatcher/EMD Certified
http://icanhasdriverslicense.com
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2013, 9:12 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Sounds like this new Floyd County P25 Digi-Tale Public Safety Radio system is gonna be a tough/fun one to monitor! Its trunked which counts me out without the digital carrier involved. Ive never figured out analog trunking, so digital is just like encryption to me. LOL :-D
Old 02-01-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b7spectra View Post
I was using a hi gain on my scanner. I switched over to a 1/4 wave and still couldn't get jack.
Don't feel bad, Hell I'm in Rome and can't pick up the system like I did with my analog scanner, I think I could encase the old analog scanner in lead and it would still pick up the ONE repeater on Mt. Alto.

This "DIGITAL" crap is just that CRAP, with the Pro 106 you can forget about listening UNLESS you live with in sight of one of the repeaters, and for mobile, forget about it. When I get on Shorter Ave on the Western part of the city and go all the way East across town, I get about two words of a conversation then it drops out for a few seconds, two more words, drops out and that is the best the 106 can do. May just be a setting that I haven't found yet, but, believe me I have tried almost every one of them.

Old 02-07-2013, 8:40 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I was lucky enough to find the GRE PSR-800. When I first loaded the information, I had the same result. However, after experimenting with the ADC, DAC, and the DSP Level Adapt, I am copying about 90% now, even mobile on Turner McCall with just a 800 MHz whip on the radio (the whip that comes with it sucks at 800). If you only want to listen to Public Safety, try these codes (in hex):
000D-County PD; 0036-Rome PD; 00CE fire; 0192-Redmond EMS; 0197-Floyd EMS; 0133-Sheriff.