Floyd Co. GA - Radio System Nears Activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat9139

Premium Subscriber
lost scanners!!

Help!! I have lost all scanner transmissions!! downloaded all Radio Ref updates and Butel software.. still nothing..
any ideas??

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Help!! I have lost all scanner transmissions!! downloaded all Radio Ref updates and Butel software.. still nothing..
any ideas??

What scanner do you have? The above article means that they have switched to a P25 (digital) system. You will need to import the Rome / Floyd County Public Safety Trunking System into your scanner if you have a digital scanner.

EDIT: There also seems to be a somewhat active discussion in the Georgia forums: http://forums.radioreference.com/georgia-radio-discussion-forum/235888-rome-floyd-p25-system-3.html

Last edited:

TheHaydenator

Premium Subscriber
Talk Group ID's for Public Safety Agencies?

Hey guys, I'm new here to the forums and though I've been a scanner listener for 12 years now here in Rome and Floyd Co., I'm having to relearn all of this stuff now, but I think I've got it figured out, lol. Now I'm just waiting for my new scanner to arrive.

I was wondering if anybody had any idea when the page here for the new Rome/Floyd system will be updated with the talk group info for all the law enforcement and FD? Thanks.

kermit

NEW TGs groups for are 54 rome pd 13 for floyd pd 402 floyd ems 206 for rome/floyd fd 307 floyd so 407 for redmond ems and i thats i got so far.

Glad to help KERMIT

Last edited:

TheHaydenator

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Kermit. Now if Radioshack would just hurry up and ship me the scanner, I'll be set lol

TheHaydenator

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting the Uniden BCD396XT. I've always used Uniden and had to get another, lol.

TheHaydenator

Premium Subscriber
It comes with a serial cable, which I'm hoping fits the port on my computer. If not, I'll order the USB version of it. And I've already looked up the software on here and downloaded some of the free programs to program and import the info

RomeRon

It comes with a serial cable, which I'm hoping fits the port on my computer. If not, I'll order the USB version of it. And I've already looked up the software on here and downloaded some of the free programs to program and import the info

Well you are in the right place if there is something you need to know, people here will go out of their way to help, I learned all I know from this site and a lot of PM's , haven't found a site like it yet.

Last edited:

TheHaydenator

Premium Subscriber
I have a feelin I'm gonna need help too lol. I worked for Rome Newswire for 4 years and now have the Northwest GA Severe Weather Team, so since everybody's turned to me before about scanner news, they're now turning to me asking about the new radio system and what scanners they need and how to program them.

I've learned a lot about it just reading around here on RR, and I believe I've got a clear understanding of it now, but its just to be sure of that, I need to have the scanner in hand to test my knowledge lol.

pat9139

Premium Subscriber
Welp.. still no transmissions on my Pro 96. downloaded all RR stuff.. plugged in Kermit's TG #... and occasionally heard something.. did not that during transmission on the one frequency, text changed from +MO to +DG... then go back to +MO.. RadioShack stores not up to date on new Rome/Floyd Co radio....
I still think that it something that I am doing wrong in programming.. but can't find it.. sure miss my scanner..

nunyax

Welp.. still no transmissions on my Pro 96. downloaded all RR stuff.. plugged in Kermit's TG #... and occasionally heard something.. did not that during transmission on the one frequency, text changed from +MO to +DG... then go back to +MO.. RadioShack stores not up to date on new Rome/Floyd Co radio....
I still think that it something that I am doing wrong in programming.. but can't find it.. sure miss my scanner..

From the other thread mentioned in Spitfire8520's post:
If you have a pro-96 you will have to change the setting to Custom table, change Base freq. to 851.0000, change Offset to 0, and
change Step. to 12.5 in order to trunk the system. CC should be set to Mot.
All ten freq.'s need to be set as a CC because they rotate very often.

pat9139

Premium Subscriber
Thanks codeplug.. found all the changes on RR / ARC96 software except " Custom Table".. changed in software.. cloned to scanner.. nothing changed as of yet..

Buttabean

Uniden BCD396XT

I'm getting the Uniden BCD396XT. I've always used Uniden and had to get another, lol.

Wish i had the funds to upgrade to this but thats only a dream i have. Wont be able to hear my area even with this scanner soon since they goin to "Encrypted" Digital. This hobby is changing dramatically & swiftly in ways that im not gonna be able to keep up with. Congrats on your new toy.

TheHaydenator

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Buttabean. I had to buy it off eBay myself where I could get the Bill Me Later option. We're lucky too here in Floyd that they only encrypted our special units like swat.

pat9139

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all for feedback on my pro96 problem... but special thanks to codeplug who worked me through all the programming issues that I had.. even e-mailing me in person and making sure that i had a perfect handle on it. All set up now!! Still have to get an 800mhz antenna for my scanner.. but actually drove to the nearest tower and found that all works great on scanner... just reception needs to be improved at my location.. by me...

RomeRon

Thanks to all for feedback on my pro96 problem... but special thanks to codeplug who worked me through all the programming issues that I had.. even e-mailing me in person and making sure that i had a perfect handle on it. All set up now!! Still have to get an 800mhz antenna for my scanner.. but actually drove to the nearest tower and found that all works great on scanner... just reception needs to be improved at my location.. by me...

Hey great to hear that you are up and running, I knew if we called in the big guns (Codeplug) he would get you going. Whats the nearest tower to you?
Happy scanning

pat9139

Premium Subscriber
Leonard Rd !!! Actually was up there trying to help some folks during the tornadoes 2 years ago.. and that is when "scanning" became more than a hobby!!
Will see how the 800 mgz "duckie" works.. then call on you guys for continued success!!!
Live in Silvermont in Silver Creek..so hope that reception picks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.