RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Announcements and News > Community Announcements and News

Community Announcements and News Announcements and News of interest to the RadioReference.com Community. All new threads posted here will be moderated by the administrators. Members are encouraged to post news and information here for the community.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 9:55 AM
Database Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Floyd Co. GA - Radio System Nears Activation

Floyd Co. GA - Activation of the county-wide public safety radio system is just days away, and some last minute adjustments are passing through the Floyd Commission for their stamp of approval.

Read Full Story at http://wrgarome.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=4111
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2013, 5:43 PM

Default lost scanners!!

Help!! I have lost all scanner transmissions!! downloaded all Radio Ref updates and Butel software.. still nothing..
any ideas??
Old 01-23-2013, 9:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat9139 View Post
Help!! I have lost all scanner transmissions!! downloaded all Radio Ref updates and Butel software.. still nothing..
any ideas??
What scanner do you have? The above article means that they have switched to a P25 (digital) system. You will need to import the Rome / Floyd County Public Safety Trunking System into your scanner if you have a digital scanner.

EDIT: There also seems to be a somewhat active discussion in the Georgia forums: Rome / Floyd P25 System

Last edited by Spitfire8520; 01-23-2013 at 9:46 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 AM

Default Talk Group ID's for Public Safety Agencies?

Hey guys, I'm new here to the forums and though I've been a scanner listener for 12 years now here in Rome and Floyd Co., I'm having to relearn all of this stuff now, but I think I've got it figured out, lol. Now I'm just waiting for my new scanner to arrive.

I was wondering if anybody had any idea when the page here for the new Rome/Floyd system will be updated with the talk group info for all the law enforcement and FD? Thanks.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:15 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

NEW TGs groups for are 54 rome pd 13 for floyd pd 402 floyd ems 206 for rome/floyd fd 307 floyd so 407 for redmond ems and i thats i got so far.

Glad to help KERMIT

Last edited by kermit; 01-24-2013 at 11:18 AM..
Sponsored links

Old 01-24-2013, 12:34 PM

Thanks Kermit. Now if Radioshack would just hurry up and ship me the scanner, I'll be set lol
Old 01-24-2013, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaydenator View Post
Thanks Kermit. Now if Radioshack would just hurry up and ship me the scanner, I'll be set lol
Hi TheHaydenator
Which scanner are you getting?

Pro 106, Win500 PSREdit500 ARC500
Old 01-24-2013, 3:51 PM

I'm getting the Uniden BCD396XT. I've always used Uniden and had to get another, lol.
Old 01-24-2013, 4:21 PM

Quote:
I'm getting the Uniden BCD396XT. I've always used Uniden and had to get another, lol.
Does that come with a usb cable, it and software and you are good to go.

Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2013, 4:37 PM

It comes with a serial cable, which I'm hoping fits the port on my computer. If not, I'll order the USB version of it. And I've already looked up the software on here and downloaded some of the free programs to program and import the info
Old 01-24-2013, 4:49 PM

Quote:
It comes with a serial cable, which I'm hoping fits the port on my computer. If not, I'll order the USB version of it. And I've already looked up the software on here and downloaded some of the free programs to program and import the info
Well you are in the right place if there is something you need to know, people here will go out of their way to help, I learned all I know from this site and a lot of PM's , haven't found a site like it yet.

Last edited by RomeRon; 01-24-2013 at 4:51 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 5:14 PM

I have a feelin I'm gonna need help too lol. I worked for Rome Newswire for 4 years and now have the Northwest GA Severe Weather Team, so since everybody's turned to me before about scanner news, they're now turning to me asking about the new radio system and what scanners they need and how to program them.

I've learned a lot about it just reading around here on RR, and I believe I've got a clear understanding of it now, but its just to be sure of that, I need to have the scanner in hand to test my knowledge lol.
Old 01-24-2013, 7:54 PM

Welp.. still no transmissions on my Pro 96. downloaded all RR stuff.. plugged in Kermit's TG #... and occasionally heard something.. did not that during transmission on the one frequency, text changed from +MO to +DG... then go back to +MO.. RadioShack stores not up to date on new Rome/Floyd Co radio....
I still think that it something that I am doing wrong in programming.. but can't find it.. sure miss my scanner..
Old 01-24-2013, 8:09 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Welp.. still no transmissions on my Pro 96. downloaded all RR stuff.. plugged in Kermit's TG #... and occasionally heard something.. did not that during transmission on the one frequency, text changed from +MO to +DG... then go back to +MO.. RadioShack stores not up to date on new Rome/Floyd Co radio....
I still think that it something that I am doing wrong in programming.. but can't find it.. sure miss my scanner..
From the other thread mentioned in Spitfire8520's post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeplug View Post
If you have a pro-96 you will have to change the setting to Custom table, change Base freq. to 851.0000, change Offset to 0, and
change Step. to 12.5 in order to trunk the system. CC should be set to Mot.
All ten freq.'s need to be set as a CC because they rotate very often.

Just one of the "little scanner people."
Old 01-24-2013, 8:45 PM

Thanks codeplug.. found all the changes on RR / ARC96 software except " Custom Table".. changed in software.. cloned to scanner.. nothing changed as of yet..
Sponsored links
Old 01-25-2013, 6:42 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Cool Uniden BCD396XT

Quote:
Wish i had the funds to upgrade to this but thats only a dream i have. Wont be able to hear my area even with this scanner soon since they goin to "Encrypted" Digital. This hobby is changing dramatically & swiftly in ways that im not gonna be able to keep up with. Congrats on your new toy.
Old 01-25-2013, 7:06 PM

Thanks Buttabean. I had to buy it off eBay myself where I could get the Bill Me Later option. We're lucky too here in Floyd that they only encrypted our special units like swat.
Old 01-25-2013, 7:13 PM

Thanks to all for feedback on my pro96 problem... but special thanks to codeplug who worked me through all the programming issues that I had.. even e-mailing me in person and making sure that i had a perfect handle on it. All set up now!! Still have to get an 800mhz antenna for my scanner.. but actually drove to the nearest tower and found that all works great on scanner... just reception needs to be improved at my location.. by me...
Old 01-25-2013, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Thanks to all for feedback on my pro96 problem... but special thanks to codeplug who worked me through all the programming issues that I had.. even e-mailing me in person and making sure that i had a perfect handle on it. All set up now!! Still have to get an 800mhz antenna for my scanner.. but actually drove to the nearest tower and found that all works great on scanner... just reception needs to be improved at my location.. by me...
Hey great to hear that you are up and running, I knew if we called in the big guns (Codeplug) he would get you going. Whats the nearest tower to you?
Happy scanning

Old 01-25-2013, 8:16 PM

Leonard Rd !!! Actually was up there trying to help some folks during the tornadoes 2 years ago.. and that is when "scanning" became more than a hobby!!
Will see how the 800 mgz "duckie" works.. then call on you guys for continued success!!!
Live in Silvermont in Silver Creek..so hope that reception picks up.