Altoona, PA - Scanner listeners hear about Bigfoot being shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
Still no proof of bigfoot but we have all seen things we can't explain, specially in the sky.

But... In a very remote section of the Cherokee National Forest in East Tennessee, I once viewed along a river bank a set of footprints about 3 times my size 12. Have kicked myself ever since for not taking a picture.

Edit: Not far from the river bank I noticed many, 30 to 50 year old chestnut tress that were supposedly wiped out by a blight, decades ago.

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

Arkmood

The story was - back when Mt.Saint Helens erupted black helicopters were seen airlifting cargo nets containing Sasquatch casualties...

But seriously, some reports are tough to dismiss... some strange radio traffic comes out of the Pine Barrens here in NJ. Belonged to a group dedicated to monitoring cryptozoological related radio comms, run by an armature out of Ohio... and there's always ARUFON which sometimes generates BF reports.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
The story was - back when Mt.Saint Helens erupted black helicopters were seen airlifting cargo nets containing Sasquatch casualties...

But seriously, some reports are tough to dismiss... some strange radio traffic comes out of the Pine Barrens here in NJ. Belonged to a group dedicated to monitoring cryptozoological related radio comms, run by an armature out of Ohio... and there's always ARUFON which sometimes generates BF reports.

Probably because either
1. They're trying to give some importance to their otherwise pathetic lives, or
2. They're trying to bring in more tourists.

Just look at the tourist boom in Loch Ness and Roswell, N.M..

Last edited:

Arkmood

Definitely seen 1.and2. played out. Troubled individuals, and those with a vested interest. A trooper investigating an animal complaint of a Bengal Tiger in the turn-around at MM 62 on the GSP (NJ) differs greatly from a BF DOA report - both which fall into the realm of cryptozoology. In spite of that, I still maintain a small percentage of evidence/reports are compelling... but that's just me, and I try to keep an open mind - just not so open my brains fall out...

SCPD

QRT
I still maintain a small percentage of evidence/reports are compelling... but that's just me, and I try to keep an open mind - just not so open my brains fall out...

I used to, but after all these years, there's still no hard evidence.

EL

Beernuts: ...I was drinking some of that fine Tennessee Whiskey and saw a BiG foot........ LOL

It was hazy......... May have been my BIG FOOT I SAW..As I was laying prone on the ground..... Hahahahahahah...

Last edited:

Farscan

Premium Subscriber
I seen a Bigfoot once while out hiking-- probably size 40 Nikes he had on. The kind of shoe no is suppose to know exists.

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
Probably because either

Just look at the tourist boom in Loch Ness and Roswell, N.M..

Yeah. But at Roswell you can only "Tour" so far before you set off the seismic intrusion & motion detectors. THEN :)......The "Men in Black" show up, in nice Sport Utility Vehicles and with firearms.

Something about those signs on the fence mentioning......"Lethal Force".

I can see my family now. My dad saying I was "Killed in Jerk Water USA for Vagrancy". :) ( "Rambo" )

FF-Medic !!!

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
That article was one hell of a drawn out paragraph. Got to love pseudoscience.

"Geisty". I has an idears I do...Uh Huh. ( Its a joke Poltergeisty )

1) We get a group together. Say 12 individuals.

2) We establish the location of the most big foot sightings = ?? Pacific Northwest or Canada. We initiate
a tax exempt - non-profit research group and chase Big Foot ( With Govt funded research money )

3) We pack our vehicles with tents and gear, to include new Marlin 45-70 Rifles, night vision goggles and
thermal imaging devices. Also, we need some flex cuffs...JUST in case we can really tackle one to the
ground. Geisty.....You tackle and I will handcuff.

4) By using topographical and google maps set up a GREAT basecamp. ( In Mid to Late September )

The three week schedule.

A = 7:00 am - Wake up

B = 7:30 am - Fix breakfast

C = 8:30 am - Plan routes of Sasquatch patrol using maps and GPS information.

D = 9:15 am - Travel about 100 yards from basecamp looking for Big Foot. Match topographical features on the map, and surrounding area
to verify your location. Look at campsite from the place you are at the time, verifying correct azmuth, and mark your location
on your map. Now you know where you are at.

E = 9:25 am - Set at surveillance location. Drink coffee, eat snacks and talk about the great scenery.

F = 11:30 am - Walk back to base camp.

G = 11:40 am - Eat Lunch

H = 12:30 pm - Discuss afternoon overt tactics. Recall TV show "Finding Bigoot", and practice Bobos
Bigfoot call. ( My parents watch the Bigfoot show )

I = 1:30 pm - Walk to a differnt surveillance location 100 yards away. Match topographical features on the map, and surrounding area
to verify your location. Look at campsite from the place you are at the time, verifying correct azmuth, and mark your location
on your map. Now you know where you are at.Do the vocal "Bobo" call, then use a loose dead
stick to beat on large tree, then run stick up and down tree...making a scraping sound.

J = 1:33 pm - Realize your Bobo call and knocking on tree with a stick is effortless.

K = 1:36 pm - Lay down by a nice tree and take a nap.

L = 4:30 pm - Awake after your watch alarm goes off

M = 4:31 pm - Stretch out, yawn and finally stand up.

N = 4:32 pm - Pick up backpack and 45-70 Marlin rifle and walk back to camp.

O = 4:42 pm - Tell all your co-workers your done the Bobo yell and hit a stick on a tree, and even urinated
near a fir tree that had a portion of the bark missing, but to no avail...you did not see Big Foot.

P = 5:00 pm - Fix dinner.

Q = 6:00 pm - Depart for a third surveillance location.

R = 6:05 pm - Arrive at surveillance location. Match topographical features on the map, and surrounding area
on your map. Now you know where you are at. Use Thermal imaging equipment and night vision in an attept to observe a
Sasquatch.

S = 6:06 pm - Realize that the brush is simply too thick, and that since the leaves have not completely
fallen your range of observation using the night vision is limited. The thick brush, the falling dew on the
brush and plants, as well as the incoming evening fog.....also hampers your thermal imaging. Duh !!!!

T = 6:07 pm - Drink coffee, eat some snacks and talk about how great of a camping spot you are in. Tap can of Skoal, adding
a "Three Finger Monkey Dip" to your lower lip. Spit snuff juice on the leaves of near by brush. The odor of the
wintergreen snuff may draw in a large towering Big Foot, which you can photograph with your night vision
capable camera, or even tackle and capture, therefore out doing those folks on "The Discovery Channel".

U = 7:00 pm - Realizing that your efforts were useless, the climatic and topographic conditions hampers your ability to do an efective
Sasquatch investigation with techno equipment, you and your partner walk back to camp, using the light of the
lanterns at camp, to guide you safely to the meeting area ( Large Picnic tables joined together ).

V = 7:05 pm - Tell all your co-workers that you seen a fast moving figure run through the brush. You
believe he came from the direction where you urinated on a fir tree with the bark scratched
off. It was about 200 pounds, haunched over with his head leaning toward the front, and it
even snorted as it leaped over fallen trees, that were five feet high.Refresh the snuff content in
your lip.

W = 7:06 pm - Discuss waiting till daylight to go to the sighting of the fast moving creature, so tracks can
be more accurately found, analyzed, identified and researched. Plus, your four sentence documentation
for your Govt records can be done best...... at daylight.

X = 7:10 pm - Build a nice campfire. Retrieve favorite alcohol beverage and tobacco, then have a pleasant
discussion by the campfire as the camp fire swings and sways, releasing embers into the
clear night sky. Mention how great of a camping location you have and how terrrific the
rural scenery is with the changing of the fall colors, and how you wish you would have
brought a shotgun to small game hunt with.

Y = 10:00 pm - Fix a late night snack over the campfire, or rake the hot coals to the side, and place
cooking pans on top of hot coals to fix a steak, or hamburgers. Everyone digs in on the
great food, and again compliments the camp site along with warm canvas tents, the
perfect alcohol and tobacco.

Z = 12:30 am - Go to bed. Contemplate that the folks on "Finding Bigfoot" don't have it as good as you do
even though they drive really nice and expensive SUV's, do countless interviews, and have
no evidence, pictures, or even a capture what so ever for their actions. Smile and laugh at yourself while
you give serious considerationto paying for a large Gorilla in the Spring with Govt funds, and turning it
loose just south of Vancover B.C.

P.S - After turning large Gorilla loose in southern British Columbia, enjoy reading and watching press releases of increased
gun sales in Western Canada and Washington State. Tell your significant other that the woman whom was on the news
from Washington State is crazy when she stated she saw a large hairy beast with piercing eyes stare in her bedroom
window. Laugh histerically when Cliff and Bobo state that they found tracks, and believe they have located a unique
Big Foot species; and they later deputize armed citizens and local law enforcement in their search. Look at Ranaes awe
when she sees a picture taken at a distance, of a Sasquatch from behind, as it goes though a outside trash can at a
retired persons residence.

FF-Medic !!!

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Yeah. But at Roswell you can only "Tour" so far before you set off the seismic intrusion & motion detectors. THEN :)......The "Men in Black" show up, in nice Sport Utility Vehicles and with firearms.

Something about those signs on the fence mentioning......"Lethal Force".

I can see my family now. My dad saying I was "Killed in Jerk Water USA for Vagrancy". :) ( "Rambo" )

FF-Medic !!!

I'm not referring to that. I'm referring to gift shops; souvenirs.

Last edited:

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
Woke up in the Cherokee National Forest and saw someone or thing walking through the brush, upright about 150 yards away. Cuz it was between daylight and dark I couldn't get a good look and just my luck when I blinked, it was gone. I was a good five miles away from anybody. Threw a weapon on my side and ran to the nearest road to look for a parked car but nothing.

The next night I was woken by a terrible, musty, skunky smell. Though the smell was so strong it woke me up, many wild critters smell like that. OK, that could have been the beer & beans and weenies.

Don't know what I saw but the Forestry Service will also tell you there are no grey wolves here when in fact there are. On one occasion, one was witnessed by many people and all agreed it was a grey wolf.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
Another queer thing about the Cherokee National Forest, because of the remote location, military jets buzz the area. From my time in the Corps, you can always tell the single pilots cuz they are the ones at treetop level. Best one I ever saw there was an A-10 Warthog.

They fly so low you can't hear the roar until you see 'em. Kinda seems so out of place in such a beautiful place.

NSA... got your ears on?

Status
Not open for further replies.