FCC Affected by Government Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdscan

Well, I was looking up something for someone on here that wanted some info on a frequency...

The first link was a ULS link, and I clicked it, and apparently the FCC is shut down as a result of our government shutdown.

Federal Communications Commission

That page is what you get when you try to access the FCC homepage.

Not sure if anyone else realized this, I didn't really think about it at all. The NWS is down as well, from what I know.

Just thought a few of you might be interested in this.

Michael-SATX

Hmm, the FAA.GOV is one of few government websites that doesn't have the Shutdown Message ;)

FCC, FEMA, FBI, & NOAA.gov have all fallen inline with the agendas of the District of Criminals :(

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Hmm, the FAA.GOV is one of few government websites that doesn't have the Shutdown Message ;)

???

From the FCC website:

Federal Communications Commission

We regret the disruption, but during the Federal Government-wide shutdown, the FCC is limited to performing duties that are immediately necessary for the safety of life or the protection of property. FCC online systems will not be available until further notice.

rapidcharger

No ham license grants or renewals either. Or any licenses for that matter.

Remember the next election (We can try to change that)
rofl3.gif

lotsofradios

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
2 things:

1) What if you're ham license expires during a shutdown, can you operate until gov't reopens?

2) You notice that IRS.gov is still up and functioning 100%

Darth_vader

"Not sure if anyone else realised this; I didn't really think about it at all. The NWS is down as well, from what I know.

Hmmm... NOAA appears to be working fine for me: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=WAZ039&TextType=2

"However, because the information this site provides is necessary to protect life and property, it will be updated and maintained during the Federal Government shutdown." (http://nws.noaa.gov/)

Must be something wrong on your end, then. KIG98's alive and well, too.

n5ims

Deal done. Bill signed. FCC web site back to normal with searches working as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.