RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Announcements and News > Community Announcements and News

Community Announcements and News Announcements and News of interest to the RadioReference.com Community. All new threads posted here will be moderated by the administrators. Members are encouraged to post news and information here for the community.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 7:51 PM
Forums Moderator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default Buffalo, NY - Niagara County seeks to speed up construction of emergency radio system

LOCKPORT, N.Y. — Construction on Niagara County’s new $10 million emergency radio system is under way.

Niagara County seeks to speed up construction of emergency radio system - City & Region - The Buffalo News
Old 11-14-2013, 12:19 AM

what Motorola system are they going to use?
Old 11-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Forums Moderator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

It's my impression that they are building a new P25 trunking system from the ground up. It will be interesting to see if the city of Buffalo goes with Harris, or Motorola in the future. They too, are planning to build a P25 trunking system.

73's

Ron
Old 11-15-2013, 1:43 AM

thanks for the reply.reason why im asking is because i can pick them up on a regular basis and im across the lake.when they do switch,its more than likely i wont be able to.
Old 11-15-2013, 2:30 AM

Ron, the title of this thread is misleading. Buffalo is in Erie County; the article is about Niagara County's radio system. I understand that the article was written by The Buffalo News, and that Buffalo is a better known city in the area...however the title of this thread should match the city in the article (Lockport) so that there is no confusion about who this radio system is for.
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2013, 3:05 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauffeur6 View Post
Ron, the title of this thread is misleading. Buffalo is in Erie County; the article is about Niagara County's radio system. I understand that the article was written by The Buffalo News, and that Buffalo is a better known city in the area...however the title of this thread should match the city in the article (Lockport) so that there is no confusion about who this radio system is for.
Niagara county is part of the Buffalo Metropolitan area.. I understood what was being said and I don't even live in New York... That would be like saying Brooklyn is not part of NYC metro because its in Kings county.

My GRE's: GRE PSR-400, GRE PSR500, GRE PSR600, GRE PSR-800
Old 11-15-2013, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WZ1 View Post
Niagara county is part of the Buffalo Metropolitan area.. I understood what was being said and I don't even live in New York... That would be like saying Brooklyn is not part of NYC metro because its in Kings county.
You live close enough to understand the difference, a lot of people do not. "Buffalo" means the city, not the metro area unless specified. It's like saying "New York" when referring to NYC, you're basically leaving out the entire state in the process. Also, Brooklyn (Kings County) is actually part of NYC, so your comparison is apples and oranges.
Old 11-15-2013, 4:26 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The Toronto Metro Area is a different sort of animal from "metro areas" in the United States. Suburbs are not automatically assumed to be part of the larger city, especially in a "home rule" state like New York.