Buffalo, NY - Niagara County seeks to speed up construction of emergency radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
It's my impression that they are building a new P25 trunking system from the ground up. It will be interesting to see if the city of Buffalo goes with Harris, or Motorola in the future. They too, are planning to build a P25 trunking system.

73's

Ron

bigcam406

thanks for the reply.reason why im asking is because i can pick them up on a regular basis and im across the lake.when they do switch,its more than likely i wont be able to.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Ron, the title of this thread is misleading. Buffalo is in Erie County; the article is about Niagara County's radio system. I understand that the article was written by The Buffalo News, and that Buffalo is a better known city in the area...however the title of this thread should match the city in the article (Lockport) so that there is no confusion about who this radio system is for.

VE3RADIO

Ron, the title of this thread is misleading. Buffalo is in Erie County; the article is about Niagara County's radio system. I understand that the article was written by The Buffalo News, and that Buffalo is a better known city in the area...however the title of this thread should match the city in the article (Lockport) so that there is no confusion about who this radio system is for.

Niagara county is part of the Buffalo Metropolitan area.. I understood what was being said and I don't even live in New York... That would be like saying Brooklyn is not part of NYC metro because its in Kings county.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Niagara county is part of the Buffalo Metropolitan area.. I understood what was being said and I don't even live in New York... That would be like saying Brooklyn is not part of NYC metro because its in Kings county.

You live close enough to understand the difference, a lot of people do not. "Buffalo" means the city, not the metro area unless specified. It's like saying "New York" when referring to NYC, you're basically leaving out the entire state in the process. Also, Brooklyn (Kings County) is actually part of NYC, so your comparison is apples and oranges. :wink:

D

DaveNF2G

The Toronto Metro Area is a different sort of animal from "metro areas" in the United States. Suburbs are not automatically assumed to be part of the larger city, especially in a "home rule" state like New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.