Logan Utah Police asked the City Council to authorize the purchase of radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
More accurately:

LOGAN — Logan City Police have asked the City Council to authorize the purchase of radio encryption software, that will scramble some of their radio communications.

Logan City Assistant Chief Jeff Curtis said the police department has been tentatively awarded a grant in the amount of $26,813 to purchase the equipment. The grant is through the Northern Utah Homeland Security Coalition.

Curtis said the money would be used to encrypt radio traffic during SWAT, drug, and special operations, preventing it from being picked up and heard by scanners.

In the pic, a Uniden scanner under the radio head :)

Thayne

Yep, just another snowball that started rolling downhill to the "Valley of encryption"----also known as the universal graveyard for affordable scanners :(

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the scanner did a whole lot of nothing to help the suspect.

k6cpo

Yep, just another snowball that started rolling downhill to the "Valley of encryption"----also known as the universal graveyard for affordable scanners :(

I realize this is where things are headed, but I really can't say I blame them...

rapidcharger

It's not the universal graveyard for affordable scanners.
It's the universal graveyard for ALL scanners.

For the so called scanner enthusiasts that are on here cheerleading for their town going digital, well this is the risk you run when you go down that road.

Status
Not open for further replies.