Rich Carlson Joins Scanner Master

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Scanner Master is extremely proud to announce that Rich Carlson, past-president of the Chicago Area Radio Monitors Association (CARMA) and one of the nation's leading scanner experts, is now part of our team. Rich recently retired as a Sergeant for the Winnetka, Illinois, Police Department and is now assisting Scanner Master customers in choosing the right scanner for their area, answering technical questions and helping us to develop new products and services. Rich is a highly respected member of the monitoring community who has decades of experience with all types of scanners and communications receivers, antennas, software and accessories. He has a great knowledge of the radio systems that we all monitor as he himself helped to institute and manage many in his time. We couldn't be more excited to have Rich on board.

QDP2012

Congratulations Rich on your retirement! Thank you for your years of service in law enforcement. I am guessing that you will be too busy in your new job to really call yourself "retired", though. :)

Enjoy,

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Congratulations Rich on your retirement! Thank you for your years of service in law enforcement. I am guessing that you will be too busy in your new job to really call yourself "retired", though. :)

Enjoy,

Hey, whether you call it "retirement" or "work", getting paid to play with scanners all day sounds like a pretty sweet gig to me. Congrats, Rich!

-AZ

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Enjoy your retirement, Brother! I'll be joining the ranks of retired law enforcement in five months...but hey, who's counting?

kennyblues

Does this mean you'll be retiring to Massachusetts, good god, run, run fast, run far. This is NOT the place to retire to. The taxes will kill ya.

N5TWB

Does this mean you'll be retiring to Massachusetts, good god, run, run fast, run far. This is NOT the place to retire to. The taxes will kill ya.

No, Rich went for the warm climes of AZ and you can read about his new monitoring station here: http://forums.radioreference.com/pictures-your-shack-mobile-setup/312814-n9jig-new-home-shack.html

He's also shared info on his new monitoring ride:
http://forums.radioreference.com/pictures-your-shack-mobile-setup/312816-n9jig-mobile.html

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Very cool Rich Carlson is joining with Scanner Master!!! Congratulations and enjoy much as you can!

AZScanner

No, Rich went for the warm climes of AZ and you can read about his new monitoring station here: http://forums.radioreference.com/pictures-your-shack-mobile-setup/312814-n9jig-new-home-shack.html

He's also shared info on his new monitoring ride:
http://forums.radioreference.com/pictures-your-shack-mobile-setup/312816-n9jig-mobile.html

So he works for ScannerMaster from HOME, too? Gee, rub it in some more... ;)

I'll just say this - I've been tinkering with scanners and scanning for nearly 30 years and have been working in an IT support capacity for nearly 20 years so if any one like Scanner Master, Uniden, Whistler, whoever would like a work-from-home scanner support expert, send me a PM. Seriously. I would jump at a chance like that.

-AZ

N9JIG

Sheriff
I would like to thank all of you for the warm thoughts and wishes. I am loving it so far, can't beat getting paid for doing what you love. Of course I have been doing that for 36 years and counting...

Rich Carlson
ScannerMaster

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I would like to thank all of you for the warm thoughts and wishes. I am loving it so far, can't beat getting paid for doing what you love. Of course I have been doing that for 36 years and counting...

Rich Carlson
ScannerMaster

You also can't beat getting paid for not coming to work, too! LOL

N9JIG

Sheriff
Working from home is awesome! 30 second commutes are the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZScanner

Working from home is awesome! 30 second commutes are the best.

Not to mention the dress code. ;)

0625_workfromhome_630x420-scaled1000.jpg

-AZ

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Rich,
Working from home is great. I know personally. I am a retired physician, but now translate biomedical patents from Japanese to English as a second career for the last 10 years. Am fluent (speak, read, and writhe Japanese). I work out of the house just like you do. The only difference, based on your photo above, is that you are better dressed that I often am.
Its a great life, being able to work out of the house as a retirement career. Hope you enjoy your new venture.
Regards

N9JIG

Sheriff
Well, I wanted to work naked but my chair is leather and that gets sticky.
I then tried doing the underwear thing but then the wife thought I looked too much like Homer Simpson (Doh!).
She now makes sure I get fully dressed before I start working.
Since I often work on the patio the neighbors don't complain as much now that I wear clothes.

N5TWB

Well, I wanted to work naked but my chair is leather and that gets sticky.
I then tried doing the underwear thing but then the wife thought I looked too much like Homer Simpson (Doh!).
She now makes sure I get fully dressed before I start working.
Since I often work on the patio the neighbors don't complain as much now that I wear clothes.

What a narrow-minded bunch...or maybe you just need to improve your selection of boxers. That requires shopping and is sure to get your wife on your side!

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Rich, I seem to recall Scott Adams, the author of the Dilbert cartoon, talking about the perils of his commute. Something about having to dodge the cat, who was intent on tripping Scott and sending him down the stairway, as Scott walked down the hallway from his bedroom to his office.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Rich, I seem to recall Scott Adams, the author of the Dilbert cartoon, talking about the perils of his commute. Something about having to dodge the cat, who was intent on tripping Scott and sending him down the stairway, as Scott walked down the hallway from his bedroom to his office.

Well, I don't have his problems. No cats anymore and no stairs in the new house.

I did get run over by the Roomba the other day though.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Congrats Rich!

More time to build more cabinets, projects and Carrier-On-Indicators LOL.....
Enjoy your retirement! ScannerMaster is dam lucky to have you!

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.