Phil Henry's Passing

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
[FONT=&quot]Our thoughts go out the family and friends of Phil Henry, who we lost this week. Phil was a great supporter of Uniden, bringing us innovative scanner technologies including Beartracker Warning System and Close Call RF Capture, and Location-Based Scanning on all of which he is a named inventor. He was also very active in [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]with Leadership Challenge, LLC, and RESET Your Life, LLC, both of which present leadership training programs for such clients as the US Marine Corps and US Air Force JROTC Programs, and the Youth Offender Courts in Clark County, Nevada.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We will miss his experience, his good humor, and most of all his friendship.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]More about Phil can be found at Phil Henry.[/FONT]

scannermaster1

Database Admin
Mourning a great friend

Thank you to Paul and Uniden for posting this message about Phil Henry.

Very few people in the scanner community knew Phil, but as Paul wrote he was instrumental in helping to bring advanced scanner technology to Uniden as part of a group of fellow engineers and scanner hobbyists. My partnership and friendship with Phil dates back to the mid-1980s. He was always full of life, adventure and positive thinking and he made everyone around him a better person because of it. My thoughts go out to his hundreds of friends and family including of course his wonderful wife Kathy.

Rich Barnett

br0adband

I had heard Phil's name mentioned in the past but I didn't know him personally (not that I know many people "online" in a real sense of the word I suppose). My condolences to his family and friends, and thank you for bringing his passing to the community's attention, Paul.

Funny story in a related sort of way: we have a huge music festival coming next week here in downtown Las Vegas called "Life Is Beautiful" and I live basically at the very edge of where the area that'll be fenced off in the coming days (to enclose the entire festival grounds) and because I don't actually own a handheld or base/mobile scanner at this time I was just thinking not an hour ago how much I miss owning a Uniden BC246T in years past because of that Close Call RF capture capability. If I still had that amazing little handheld I'd be out on the balcony of my apartment building scoping out the frequencies being used for all the construction and security crews for the event as it takes shape. Would be cool to pick up on the wireless mics the performers happen to be using as well.

Suffice to say I'll make due with my trusty RTL sticks at this point in time but I honestly do miss that feature tremendously - it makes finding new frequencies just that much easier.

Least now I know who was most directly responsible for that aspect of Uniden scanners. ;)

com_chaser

I had heard Phil's name mentioned in the past but I didn't know him personally (not that I know many people "online" in a real sense of the word I suppose). My condolences to his family and friends, and thank you for bringing his passing to the community's attention, Paul.

Funny story in a related sort of way: we have a huge music festival coming next week here in downtown Las Vegas called "Life Is Beautiful" and I live basically at the very edge of where the area that'll be fenced off in the coming days (to enclose the entire festival grounds) and because I don't actually own a handheld or base/mobile scanner at this time I was just thinking not an hour ago how much I miss owning a Uniden BC246T in years past because of that Close Call RF capture capability. If I still had that amazing little handheld I'd be out on the balcony of my apartment building scoping out the frequencies being used for all the construction and security crews for the event as it takes shape. Would be cool to pick up on the wireless mics the performers happen to be using as well.

Suffice to say I'll make due with my trusty RTL sticks at this point in time but I honestly do miss that feature tremendously - it makes finding new frequencies just that much easier.

Least now I know who was most directly responsible for that aspect of Uniden scanners. ;)

Uniden BR-330T covers the old UHF-TV band, where the majority of wireless mic allocations exist...

Steveradio

read many articles he wrote and being a major contributor of Police Call at the time and a column writer for Northeast Scanning News at the time.

Thoughts are with his family in the difficult time.

Status
Not open for further replies.