Forgot password for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

I know, call it old age, or whatever:lol:So here it goes, I got a MicronPC Transport TREK 2 at a yard sale over two years ago. Wife wanted it for internet and simple tasks. It runs Win2000 professional. Put in a user name and password, and thought I was smart enough to remember without writing it down:roll: Tried everything we've ever used. No go. Is there a way to boot the pc and go in to get rid of this or to reformat it? Any help would be appreciated.
TIA,
Larry

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber

N8IAA

Not at all familiar with those types of programs and how to use them. This is very new territory for me. I would like to use the laptop for a feed here on RR, or programming pc for portability. It does have a CD/DVD drive, as well as, a floppy drive. Any help at all would be appreciated:)
Again, Thanks,
Larry

bezking

Windows 7 will not run on a computer designed for Windows 2000.

IAA,
You need to download one of the tools at the above site, burn the ISO to a CD, make sure the BIOS is set to boot from the CD, and follow the prompts to use the software you burned onto the CD.

If this all sounds like Chinese to you, take your PC to a pro... :D

Astrak

I thought, well at least in XP there was a way to F8 on boot and boot into DOS then type in some commands to change the Admin password......I'll do some searching and see if it works for 2000.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
At the login try this:

Press and hold Control + Alt, then hit the DEL key twice. If you have a new password box enter Administrator and hit enter. Now change that password! :wink: This will work for XP at the login screen so long as the Admin. password isn't set.

UBCD for Windows

Read about it, burn it and love t. :lol: Trust me, it has done wonders for me. The tool you want that UBCD4Win contains is: Sala Password Renew.

Status
Not open for further replies.