Got a New Computer, Got some Hook up Questions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear780ks

I had to get a new Computer because of the Windows XP support from Microsoft was Dropped on April 8,

I picked up a New Toshiba Satellite S55-A5176 it's nice a Laptop kind of makes feel like a top Dog but on my old computer it had the Hook-ups that made for easy adjustments = Downloads on my scanners so with this my Question is will the Uniden Software work with new computer as it has Microsoft 8.1 installed on it..

I know I have to buy a USB cord hook-up my USB's on my computer are 3.0 blue-in color I don't know if the 3.0 makes any difference in speed for the software but I thought I'd add it in..

Last edited:

CapStar362

the only difference between a 3.0 and 2.0 is the pin out, physically the plug is the EXACT same, but for 3.0 speeds there are 5 extra pins in the TOP of the plug. the same 2.0 4 pins are still there for backwards compatibility

bear780ks

Got a New a Computer Have some Software Install Questions.!

In this Post I was wanting to Add: And Change my Title a Bit..

If UpMan can help assist Will the Uniden Software for the 396/996 work with windows 8.1 why I'm asking Microsoft is in works of updating 8.1 or possibly has already if they have I haven't got that update either way it helps to know what's compatible and what's still in the works of being compatible.. before trying to download anything new into my Computer..

If the Software is compatible I will for sure try and Download it"

And with Windows 8.1 can I Download the sentinel software for the new 436 and 536HP I'll be looking to get one soon and I like to know if it's ok to go ahead an download it as Well.. I'll look in at the Link site but wanted to ask first before proceeding..

Thanks.. And to all Have a Happy Easter Weekend.. Bear:D

Last edited:

bear780ks

Uniden Software and Windows 8.1

@Upman:

Paul I would like to run this Question by ya again Sir just to ask on the Running of the Uniden software and Windows 8.1 I would like to update this software but was wanting to ask on here first..

Thanks Bear..

bear780ks

Thanks Pinball... I Just hope It can adapt to the Uniden Software.. being that it has 8.1 To update my scanners:p

Status
Not open for further replies.