Two All In One Desktops & One Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectrumAnalyzer

Previously Banned Member
Banned
I'm considering purchasing two all in one desktops & I'd like to run an Airspy SDR on one desktop while surfing the web on the second desktop using just one keyboard & mouse, is this even possible? And if so how do I go about it? I've read other threads addressing this issue but they were referring to regular tower style PC's not fully self contained all in one desktops & I don't need to transfer anything from one monitor to the other like I've seen in numerous Youtube tutorial videos, thanks in advance.

questnz

Just buy one AIO desktop and second monitor it will be cheaper. Just make sure that AIO have DisplayPost or DVI port out. (Not all of AIO's have port out). Recently we installed bunch of HP Elite One 800 series desktops and they all come with Display port, we hook one of them to 65" TV via Display port to HDMI adaptor (sold separately). or but second monitor with Display port IN and conneect via standard Display Port cable.
You setup second monitor in Windows display settings as a "extended desktop" Then just drag what you want to second monitor.
Surf web on desktop and AirSpy can run on second monitor. No need to spend $$$ for two desktops.

Last edited:

rbm

I use a Belkin KVM switch to run four of my desktops using one keyboard, monitor, etc. at one time.
(I have multiple KVM switches and I run eleven desktops at one time.)

However, you can still run more than one thing at a time on each computer.

Rich

SpectrumAnalyzer

Previously Banned Member
Banned
That Works For Me

I use a Belkin KVM switch to run four of my desktops using one keyboard, monitor, etc. at one time.
(I have multiple KVM switches and I run eleven desktops at one time.)

However, you can still run more than one thing at a time on each computer.

Rich

Thanks all for your very informative suggestions, I saw a couple of those Belkin KVM switch kits at Staples in the PC section, never knew what they were capable of accomplishing, well I know now, again gent's you all did a wonderful thing & for that I am grateful, have a very pleasant weekend.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Try a Google search for Synergy. It will let you control multiple AIO type PC's (or several non-AIO systems with their own monitor) with a single keyboard/mouse, and without having to do the keyboard gymnastics of a KVM. Plus, nothing to plug in, or a bunch of KVM cables hanging around :) We use it daily with great results. There's a bit of work required in the configuration, but it's relatively easy to do.

SpectrumAnalyzer

Previously Banned Member
Banned
Two PC's One Keyboard & Mouse

Try a Google search for Synergy. It will let you control multiple AIO type PC's (or several non-AIO systems with their own monitor) with a single keyboard/mouse, and without having to do the keyboard gymnastics of a KVM. Plus, nothing to plug in, or a bunch of KVM cables hanging around :) We use it daily with great results. There's a bit of work required in the configuration, but it's relatively easy to do.

That's what I want, I want that, you have done a wonderful thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.