panasonic cf-19 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
so i bought a toughbook from a guy cause i got one already, but im looking for one with win 7 and a small footprint

So when i initially boot it it says , "Contact IT support to reset this laptop" with a phone number .

No problem, I re-install win 7 and the laptop runs for about an hour then when i re-boot, same message. This appears to be a windows message because it boots into windows before i see it.
Thoiught it might be trying to affiliate with a wireless network, so I removed that card,
any other ideas?

This seems to be a antitheft protection deal, but the laptop is excess, not stolen

KB0VWG

You might want to do a complete format on the hard drive and then install windows 7 but also check the bios settings as well.
kb0vwg
wqoi992

CapStar362

format, reinstall and check BIOS for computrace ( or similar ) type features.

disable if found.

there is a form of lojack on that laptop, else it would not be prompting you like that. if its software in windows a format will solve it.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
cf-19

reformatted, disabled all security in the bios, re-partitioned, re-installed win 7, still get the lock screen. Any other suggestions?

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
what would cause a BIOS to throw a BIOS Lock again though after a BIOS Clear and Windows Format?

Thinking maybe it defaults to a lock? Never had one or worked on one so I don't really know.

I did have computers that have done all sorts of strange things with dead CMOS batteries though.

Could be a possibility, mines well explore the option, it is an older machine.

CapStar362

possible, id have to see whether OEM Requested this as a feature.

dead RTC's are fun.

but then again, its throwing the lock in windows, i know BIOS can do things like this but its rather confusing. if the bios was cleared and security disabled it should not be doing that. partition was also formatted, if it was a software piece it should be gone.

Hidden partition maybe? too many unknowns. only a HDD Dock and partition software would determine that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.